ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Possible clutch cable/driveshaft problem ph1 172

PH1 172
My car makes a clunk noise when driving, like ive just driven over something and theres a slight vibration at the clutch pedal at low revs in first and second. The clutch feels fine and it goes up and down every gear fine. Thought it could be driveshaft but would that make the slight vibration in the clutch pedal or clutch cable but would that make the clunking noise, please help I have searched the forum but not found anything as specific.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Clutch 'judder' is likely to be caused by either contamination of the clutch plate, heat damaged flywheel and/or a damaged/worn pressure plate.

How many iles has the vehicle covered and when was the last clutch kit change? Sounds like its getting ready for a clutch to me mate ;)

172cup
I've getting the same problem, but just in first gear when I pull off and the clutch is biting.
I got the car checked but it seems to be quite difficult to detect.........It doesnt even happen all the times!
Car is only 23Kmiles old, could it be a clutch plate related problem?

cheers

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
You'll be better off starting your own thread IJ

Problems like these are always hard to diagnose at the best of times though which are even harder without being able to see the actual car. You will need to check for faults such as:

Oil Leaks
Clutch fork travel (Distance in mm)
Clutch rachet mech

Mick

172cup
I reckon its gonna be expensive, Is this something i should be worried about? should I get it properly checked asap?
thanks Mick