ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Possible ECU problem???

Flat Eric

Sing Hosanna!!
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
hi all, i have a 2004 1.2 renault clio. with 19000 miles on the clock.
the other night on my way home, i was just a few hundred yards away from my street when my car started to judder (as if it was in fifth at low speeds sort of thing) so i thought i was in the wrong gear, changed to third, to find i was already in third like i thought i was. the car continued to judder, so i pulled over into a little layby and switched the engine off. walked round to my house to get my dad to help me push it. the next day my dads friend who is a mechanic taken a look at it to see what the fault was and he said it is something to do with the metal square block thing which is located behind the engine by the engine cover. he said its cutting into some wires or something. or it may not be that, it may be something to do with the ECU.

just posting to see if anybody has heard of this problem before. i don't think it can be the fuel injectors because of how many miles the car has done.

help would be much appreciated. thank you

chris

clio 182
I'm not 100% sure but having read a few other sites about a problem. I think if the box was cutting into the wires the car goes into 'home safe' mode which means you can't do more than 30. although when it has this problem it can be intermittent. My girlfriend had this experience in january the same day she picked her car up from the dealer (second hand) so that's why I had been reading up on it. It ended up her was the throttle body.
But hers never juddered

Flat Eric

Sing Hosanna!!
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
thanks mate, will have a look into it. how much did you have to pay for a new throttle body in the end?

not sure why mine is juddering, thats why i think its to do with the fuel.

Flat Eric

Sing Hosanna!!
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Cars fixed now. It needed a new coil pack, not sure what one is and where it is on car. Also the mechanic fixed down the metal box bit behind engine Cover to stop it chafing the wires. Altogether it came to 129 quid, just want to know if that's ok, and how much a coil pack usually is.

Help would be much appreciated