ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Possible immobilizer problems

cilo 172
My 2000 172 has developed a problem were after unlocking the car, sometimes the light on the dash continues to flash, if i try to start the car the car turns over and fires but the revs just die. If the light on the dash goes solid the car starts no problems it seems to be totally random. Ive had the car hooked up to a diagnostic machine and it showed no relevant problems. I was advised to change the flywheel sensor which i did with no joy. Just wondered if anyone could help ? cheers

the light on the dash is the imobiliser if the light doesn't go out then the key hasn't imobilised the car try the other key and see if it goes out if that doesn't fit it then chnage the imobiliser ring as thats a common failure point

cilo 172
the light on the dash is the imobiliser if the light doesn't go out then the key hasn't imobilised the car try the other key and see if it goes out if that doesn't fit it then chnage the imobiliser ring as thats a common failure point

I only got one key with the car, i was told it was probably the problem but didn't want to throw more money away if it wasn't, take it i need a new key

I only got one key with the car, i was told it was probably the problem but didn't want to throw more money away if it wasn't, take it i need a new key

it most likly is the pickup ring get a new one of a scrap yard one to test but you should always have two keys