ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

possibly giving in to get my car lowered.

If i do decide where would be a good place to go? Although i dont want to spend a fortune what would be cheap/good springs to get? I only would go 35mm would it put pressure on any other parts of the car? would i need to cange anything eise like shocks, srut pieces etc?........

BMW 320d Sport

PI springs are always good and cheap, mine has been running a 35mmn drop on PIs for years and its the best mod I ever did. Best to change the shocks at the same time for some designed to work with a shorter spring. Koni adjustables are what I use, theyve never let me down.

You can run the original shocks still but they will wear out a lot quicker and youll eventually have to change them anyway.

You will find suspension components will wear quicker with a lowered Clio because the driveshafts are at a weird angle and it just puts more strain on everything. 35mm isnt a big drop, things like bushes will go first, but its not a hige problem. Certainly the handling benefits outweigh the disadvantages by a long stretch.

I have had pi springs recommended before, where would you recommend i get it done also are shocks, bushes etc expensive where ever i get it done could they change all that. Any gusses how much it would cost to get it lowered and everything changed?

Rob.

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat

how much are they and where can you get them from?

my car is lowered already but wanna change front springs.

Go for the lowering mate - but keep it sensible if my experience is anything to go by. Id try to keep the back just a tad higher at the back for progressive handling.

The main items youll need to replace if you stay with standard shocks are the front strut top mounts.

Skoda Fabia vRS

i got a bilstein streetline kit fitted at hill power, the whole kit is only £190

uses Bilstein approved Terra springs, which are as good quality as Eibach, and Bilstein Gas Shox

Subaru Forrester

I got a quote this dinner time from GT Tuning to lower mine. They want £399+VAT (£468!!!) and this doesnt include changing the shocks. They say the do sort out the negative camber that lowering gives but even so it sounds an awful lot of money.

Skoda Fabia vRS

that IS a lot of money, im sure i paid less than that includin shocks

ring Nick Hill