ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Possibly the fastest MK2 Punto in the UK?

White Clio 1.2 @ 172
this thread is epic! the internet never fails to please me. It's so funny to watch people fiercely protecting there ego's!

LOLZ!!!!!!!!!!

I may have just majorly owned myself.

The title says "UK" doesn't it. I just realised that. The 2 I know of aren't in the UK.

I admit defeat. Will still try and find the pics though.

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
LOLZ!!!!!!!!!!

I may have just majorly owned myself.

The title says "UK" doesn't it. I just realised that. The 2 I know of aren't in the UK.

I admit defeat. Will still try and find the pics though.

son.... you're a dissapointment! lol

mace¬

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio
But the Green Clio can't even be classed in the same category as other clios, its more of a A-spec race series car.

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
Ha ha. I'm quite happy to admit when I'm wrong. Flicking between threads and autocad ftl.

Can't beat a bit of friday afternoon SELF ownage.

lol great time why do you lot think we still pay a membership lol

120d M-Sport
How many months off completion is that punto as that vid looks shockin' lol.

Could be a decent car when done, im sure 1 person off here will take you on there private runway to battle it out ;)

What BHP is it lookin at?

Gotta love CS for all the replies!! :approve:

D

dimmagary

its sitting on 255bhp standard bt will be 400bhp eventualy, alot of work left to do yet.

Clio
yer well i have a one of them cars with 2 20v turbo engines !!!

800bhp !!!!

(thats a lie i have a 75 bhp clio) i just wanted to look hard !!!!!!!:(

Dafthead

ClioSport Club Member
  Q8 E-Tron
Who cares, it's a f**king punto

If that goes faster than 80mph body panels will start peeling back

MCS R56
It's a complete waste of time. Had the video showed some performance of some sort, it might have been a tad better. The quality is shocking and it basically shows a car that looks like it's been in a crash.

Way to put some effort and inagination in!

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Wow.

Just looking at that video it is quite clear that that is a very VERY fast car. Thats parked up. Stationary. And not going anywhere. Lots.

ipodsandguns

ClioSport Club Member
  GW X200 CUP
Im currently a punto owner. Here are my views on the topic and thread.

Its not the first 20vt conversion into a Mk2 punto in the UK, first for a while, but non of its moving yet, its all ready been in development for years. its shortys right?

And for all the people posting 'its a fiat' 'its a punto blah blah blah' come on kids, your driving Renaults? how does that give you the right to look down on other cars and brands?

A have a few friends with clios and i spend a lot of time in a clio RS, my punto is pretty low in comparison to standard ride height and it doesnt rattle have as much as a RS Clio of similar age.

If the project does one day become complete it will be petty quick on the strip but its gunna handle like a tank.

astra coupe on coilovers

Its not the first 20vt conversion into a Mk2 punto in the UK, first for a while, but non of its moving yet, its all ready been in development for years. its shortys right?

And for all the people posting 'its a fiat' 'its a punto blah blah blah' come on kids, your driving Renaults? how does that give you the right to look down on other cars and brands?

A have a few friends with clios and i spend a lot of time in a clio RS, my punto is pretty low in comparison to standard ride height and it doesnt rattle have as much as a RS Clio of similar age.

If the project does one day become complete it will be petty quick on the strip but its gunna handle like a tank.
i dont drive a renault ;)

Black 197

TBH Pretty well said imo

D

dimmagary

yea it is shortys, i was up his last nite chattin to him. hes working on the car everyday he recons 2 - 3 weeks and its on the road. the 20vt lump is ony 40kg heavier than the 1.8hgt lump so it wont be front end heavy and along wiv the hgt traction control it should handle. but there is no doubt that in a strait line this car will be f**king animal!

tbh im not surprised every one has said 'who cares its a f**king punto' cuz every one here dirves a renault but i was under the impression that this section was for none renault related media?

imo this car is very impressive and i thought other people on here might be interested in it.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I arent impressed, tell him for the money and time it really isn't worth it.
As soon as he gets to a corner or roundabout he'll be bored with the power imo.

Handling first and power second.
Puntos don't handle well initially so unless he has some major suspension work I will stay unimpressed.