ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Post your head unit pics!

pecan said:
Anyone have the P80? I've been looking at that, a lot of people recommend it on other forums. Looks nice too. A lot say it's better than the P77 for navigation through folders and sound quality etc.

for me the pioneers sounded grainy and deeper.

my reason for going alpine, it sounded a lot purer to me

clio 182 black /gold
I only have a standard head unit but here is a picture of this years summer

heat.jpg

al

ST on the way...
I've got a Sony CDX-MP40 in mine, it was an optional extra on the Clio (didn't buy it as such tho!) quite good, plays MP3's and with the right connector box (mine was £6 off ebay) is fully compatible with the steering wheels controls and the screen.

P.S. This one was taken on 18th June last year in Morley, Leeds

itshot.jpg

Last edited:
  clio 182 black /gold
almarsden said:
I've got a Sony CDX-MP40 in mine, it was an optional extra on the Clio (didn't buy it as such tho!) quite good, plays MP3's and with the right connector box (mine was £6 off ebay) is fully compatible with the steering wheels controls and the screen.

P.S. This one was taken on 18th June last year in Morley, Leeds

View attachment 3858

I had this unit in my corsa but when i sold the corsa i sold the unit. Later i found that it worked with the controls :evil: :mad:

1998 BMW e46 323i
what about a becker unit... For integration and sound quality without flashing disco lights,.. YOU CAN'T GO WRONG.

I've got the cr@ppy reno h/u btw:dapprove:

1998 BMW e46 323i
i can't believe you have to have the dvd rom in the unit when planning a route... is it just me that thinks this is ridiculous... my smartphone has maps stored on an sd card, surely pioneer could produce a workaround???

everytime you plan a journey; dvd out of case, into h/u, then out of h/u into case... come on that's a pain

RS 200
john.med said:
i can't believe you have to have the dvd rom in the unit when planning a route... is it just me that thinks this is ridiculous... my smartphone has maps stored on an sd card, surely pioneer could produce a workaround???

everytime you plan a journey; dvd out of case, into h/u, then out of h/u into case... come on that's a pain

I just leave the DVD in, never take it out, I have the Pioneer iPod adapter so thats where I get my music from and can control it all from the HU.

But agreed, DVD probably isnt the best technology seeing as you can now get solid state memory that goes into Gigabytes, still dont think their quite big enough to store all the information that the DVD has though yet. I think there is 8Gb of info on the disk as it uses dual layer.

Chris

1998 BMW e46 323i
Know what you're saying. With hard drives in iPods and even (a samsung) smartphone, surely Pioneer would be better throwing one of them in, and then giving you a data cable the length of your garden hose to S/W update....

RS 200
john.med said:
Know what you're saying. With hard drives in iPods and even (a samsung) smartphone, surely Pioneer would be better throwing one of them in, and then giving you a data cable the length of your garden hose to S/W update....

Good idea, maybe something like a hard drive module (similar size to an ipod) that you could take out to do a software update to, put all your tunes on, background images, and even movies then just slot it back into the head unit to be used in the car.

Something for the future maybe, but they could have missed a trick here when they brought out the Bluetooth version head unit, could have started the ball rolling with the hard drive version.

1998 BMW e46 323i
The HD would have hardware difficulties, but I reckon it'd be an improvement.

Now a Wi-fi unit would be the ticket! Could sync it with your Pc from your living room.

really not trying to be negative, about what is, a very nice and compact single DIN unit,.. If I could justify buying one of these however, I wouldn't be entirely happy with the DVD in and out all the time.

Even with and iPod connected, I'd like to be able to conveniently play a friend's Cd or even a DVD.

Would still sell my left b0ll0ck to have one in the 172!

M135i
has anyone got a pic of a becker h/u installed? my pioneers, ive had the p77 and now the p75bt, seem to not hold onto radio signal very well. its really annoying me. i can only pick up the bbc stations and my local independant station. compare it to the standard h/u that picks up alot more stations eg. from other counties.