ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Post your stick on number plate pics please!

172 Cup
lmao @ 'pike them'. Yea but you don't go round saying 'my plates are stuck on with velcro' do ya? :) I'm not going to tell anyone really, best to keep quiet about it. The velcro is bloody good tho, takes your body weight to remove them. lol.

E60 diesel powah
DSC08363.jpg

bit big!

tim124 said:
surely with velcro chavs will just pike them?
Yeah, good way to get free petrol, just pike someone's plate and but it on yours for a little while. Thanks for the inspiration, lol.

Anyone got a black 172 in Leeds with velcro plates?

Lotus Elise 111R
I use double sided heavy duty sticky tape as well, had mine on my cars and misspaced for approx 8 years, P18RS B , and in that time I have been pulled once, he used it as an excuse to stop me I reckon, cos we had a chat and he mentioned it... said the car was in lovely condition and that he wished more people kept their number plates as clean, and off I went!!! He waves now when I see him.....(well almost!)

I love the clean look of no bolts etc. Will post a pic when I get a mo.

Piers

172 Cup
Ads_172 said:
Erm, welcome to the world wide interweb :)

lol, I mean people who I know etc. Who live near me. My mates like practical jokes. I can't see you guys driving god knows how many miles to 'pike' my plates, so I feel relatively safe in letting it be known on here. :p

EP3 Civic Type R
Super sticky pads...always a bit bothered about it coming off but think it's stuck fast.

7.jpg

172 Cup 2003
Thinking on getting the letters redone so it says D2LE V and the space there as my name is DALE VARNEY

Last edited:
  ITB BG 182
My Car is the Black one, Pictures were taken at a regular meeting we have in nottingham every sunday and friday and get some very good turn outs plus aslo know 5 other people who go there with renault clio sports now

My initals are JA COXON, i didn used to have the 2nd number 4 faded abit but got fed up of being pulld over by the police

182 RB FF
Dutty you ever been pulled because of the size of your plate? Want to get a smaller front plate but not sure on the legal requirements...

ITB BG 182
paul said:
Looks like MFN to me?
Yes my friend it is MFN and do you go anymore?
If your out that way this sunday the 27th gimmie a shout or just look around as i aint far from my car there

Clio 182 cup'd
LadySarah said:
I've never been stopped for mine in two years. I've been pulled about four times for other stuff, and they did mention them once, but just kinda told me it was spaced wrong and sent me on my way!

What you shoudl remember is that its not just a case of the Police trying to find faults to fine you. Number plates are a set standard for a reason.

For example if your car was stolen and you reported it to the Police, it would be placed on the police national computer, which is linked to automatic number plate recognition camera's (ANPR); these are the sly looking camera's on motorways which are there to help us. There are also traffic cars with these camera's on baord now aswell

If a stolen/uninsured car goes through one then it pings and every man and his dog will go after it.

Unfortunatley for you, it cant read fancy illegally spaced letting so yours would fly through them all day long.

liquidized RacingBlue 182
here is mine, and yah yah i no there illeagal, but i have had them for 4 mnths and never been pulled! i am changing them soon i like the smaller looking ones!

172 Cup
hehe, who bought this thread back from the dead. I got my stick on plates a few weeks ago now. :)