ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Post You're BEfore and After Pics

R5GTTx2,R11,Clio DCI
i'm not being b**ch or trying to start a fight... but everyone with replicas...

dont you get frustrated that the performance doesn't match peoples expectations? surely if say a saxo saw ya, thought you were a 172 and wiped the floor then the next day saxo sports club would be all laughing in their posts.

also, i know insurance costs are high, but to take, say a 1.2 to 172 spec, even without the engine its surely about the same as buying a said car.

once again, not being bitchy at all.. just wandering das ist all

much love x

Astra coupe
Before
front.jpg

After (about 7 hours after)
home2.jpg

dont you get frustrated that the performance doesn't match peoples expectations? surely if say a saxo saw ya, thought you were a 172 and wiped the floor then the next day saxo sports club would be all laughing in their posts.

also, i know insurance costs are high, but to take, say a 1.2 to 172 spec, even without the engine its surely about the same as buying a said car.

once again, not being b**chy at all.. just wandering das ist all

much love x

running cost, fuel bills and insurance is the killer for me mate.

i went for my car for looks, not go. sadly, i would never buy a clio again. i hate my car except when i clean it and photo it. it creaks, it rattles, it moans. so 2.0l is probs gonna do the same.

was only designed to be a first car, then get rid once im happy to do so and get summat german lol

jamie

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
ahhh! dealio. :approve:

was gonna round up some folk for a pub meet one Sunday this month, you reckon?

im in for sunday. back from leeds every fri night = rugga fri night, tennis sat and sun daytime, free evening meets.

jamie

R5GTTx2,R11,Clio DCI

once again, not being b**chy at all.. just wandering das ist all

much love x

running cost, fuel bills and insurance is the killer for me mate.

i went for my car for looks, not go. sadly, i would never buy a clio again. i hate my car except when i clean it and photo it. it creaks, it rattles, it moans. so 2.0l is probs gonna do the same.

was only designed to be a first car, then get rid once im happy to do so and get summat german lol

jamie

fair enuf dude, fair play to ya... and thanks for not takin it the wrong way!

my other half's 182 isn't rattly at all.... yet.. but i cant talk about build quality or 'creature comforts' and refinement in my car so i'll keep quiet lol

fair enuf dude, fair play to ya... and thanks for not takin it the wrong way!

my other half's 182 isn't rattly at all.... yet.. but i cant talk about build quality or 'creature comforts' and refinement in my car so i'll keep quiet lol

ive been to the gym and eaten alot so im tired, other wise i would have bitten your head off ;) messing. frequently asked question least it was done with taste :)

5gtt = sex!! kudos!! lol at the comment :)

jamie

Mk4 .:R32
when I picked the b*tch up

clio006.jpg

After a few mods

011.jpg

black and titanium side badges
black front renault diamond
lowered 25mm at front 15mm at rear
trophy wheels
cup spoiler
carbon fibre splitter
shortened aerial
gdi exhaust
3/4 front numberplate and new rear plate
silvervisions
bosch wipers (+12 bhp right there)

Mine:
Clio 16v 1996.
Day or so after buying it
STA70365-1.gif

Then lowered:
STA70376.jpg

Then wheels:
STA70537.jpg

And now:
STA70583.gif

Though its more complete now, the engine is built up, all the mounts etc are on, inlet is bolted up, just waiting for a new loom to put in.

Spec:
F4R 730 conversion from a 172ph1
Ported and matched inlet and plenham
Re-timed standard cams
Full stainless exhaust inc decat
lowered 50-60mm
ds2500 pads
slotted discs
stripped interior
welded in strut brace
removed aux tank
removed spare wheel
removed all sound deadening
light weight bucket seats
4 point harnesses
-2degrees camber
goodyear eagle f1 tyres
Oz f1 cup alloys

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Before:

IMGP0158.jpg

Currently:
IMGP0372.jpg

IMGP0577.jpg

Plenty of stuff still in the pipeline which may never get done :coffee:

1.8 8v RSi
have you noticed how some of the best cars in this club are just replicers of there's successors?

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Probably because we are all sheep and can't think of any fresh ideas :p

Tbf, a few of my favourites aren't really replicas, they just use some standard renault bits. f0xy's, dutty's and matta_88's to name but 3.

BMW M135i
Will show the 1.6 too because it had more progress, started like this:

5.jpg

Ended like this:

IMG_1623.JPG

IMG_1626.JPG

The 172 hasn't really changed (yet ;)), when I first got it:

IMG_1976.JPG

Now:
CIMG0321.JPG

CIMG0245.JPG