ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Potential Buyer...

Audi TT
Hi guys,

I've just joined the forum and currently own an Audi TT. Due to silly maintenance, insurance and modding costs I have decided to sell up and buy something I have been a long time admirer of (I am hoping I can save some money buying and running one of these!)

I've always like the Meganesports but recently I have been drawn towards the Cliosports.

All I wanted to know was the following really:

1/ Are there any interior mods that can be done? I currently have an aftermarket armrest installed which is a godsend, but not the end of the world if I can't have another!
2/ Externally I think the Cliosport is perfect - bar stance. Has anyone lowered their Clio and if so, are there any reasonable recommendations price-wise
3/ I have seen a (light) blue Clio on a 54 plate with 67k on the clock, FSH, belts changed, exhaust upgrade and all the other trimmings for £4.5k - does this sound right?

Lastly, thank you very much for any help you may be able to offer.

Subhaan.

Honda & VW
Hi guys,

I've just joined the forum and currently own an Audi TT. Due to silly maintenance, insurance and modding costs I have decided to sell up and buy something I have been a long time admirer of (I am hoping I can save some money buying and running one of these!)

I've always like the Meganesports but recently I have been drawn towards the Cliosports.

All I wanted to know was the following really:

1/ Are there any interior mods that can be done? I currently have an aftermarket armrest installed which is a godsend, but not the end of the world if I can't have another!
2/ Externally I think the Cliosport is perfect - bar stance. Has anyone lowered their Clio and if so, are there any reasonable recommendations price-wise
3/ I have seen a (light) blue Clio on a 54 plate with 67k on the clock, FSH, belts changed, exhaust upgrade and all the other trimmings for £4.5k - does this sound right?

Lastly, thank you very much for any help you may be able to offer.

Subhaan.

i think a couple of people on here have, i'll try and remember there names.

A ANIMAL
Millions of clios are lowered pal, pay a tenner (you pikey ;) ) and do a search, will give you no end of pointers. i don't think there is an aftermarket armrest but tbh its not something i have ever looked at

Iceberg 172
Another TT owner! I used to have a 225!

The TT Shop armrest is the best mod on them!

Interior mod wise... Most on here are all about lightness... What the Clio is all about TBH. So you won't see many if any that have luxury's added to the car! A Momo Team steering wheel goes well in there though.

I've got ktec coilovers, excellent mix of handling / comfort. And are height adjustable so you can have it sitting however you want it.

Pay £10 for membership... Well worth if you're confident you're getting a RS Clio.

Audi TT
Nice one chaps!

I will def join once I know what I am doing. I am heavily inclined towards the Clio, so it's just a matter of time.

I am just debating how to play it though - px it and risk not getting as much as it is worth, or wait and sell privately to get as much as possible. It's a tough one as I've just got married, bought a house that still needs partially furnishing and also a honeymoon that needs planning and paying for! A new car is a must though!

As for what the clio is about - I have noticed that they are about the performance, yes. Def a car that needs to be lightened rather than luxury-fied! I found that a lot with TT owners who were trying to max their performance. I must admit I am a comfort junkie, but could learn to live without some luxury though!

Decisions, decisions...

Iceberg 172
The Clio is a massive step down in interior luxury / quality. MASSIVE!

If you like luxury get a TDI golf.

I got the Clio as I found the TT boring to drive.

Audi TT
I know what you mean about the step down in luxury, but sometimes a change is nice.

A lot of TTers say that the handling and performance of the Clio is better than a TT. My family have always driven Renaults and tbh I quite like them!

Ah what the heck! I like it, so I'ma have it!

Apparently I'm not allowed to add attachments :(

Combo is avus silver with black interior - forge big knob, PPI style side skirts, LCR front splitter, remapped, V6 rear valance, forge Splt-r valve, 18" rs4's etc etc! Love it, but just too much money to keep it as it's now an 02 plate...

Iceberg 172
Sounds cool. Mine was avus with red leather, armrest, amd remap, dv, big knob, etc etc. On an 03. So was the facelift. It had sat nav too.

The Clio is very similar performance to a STD one. Remapped tt would edge it. ESP after 80mpg.

The Clio will own it in the bends though and the Clio is also a million times more fun. Much more feel. The TT felt numb in comparison to other cars I've had.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Find a 182ff with Recaro's or Buy a Trophy

H&R Coilovers come quite recommended on here or maybe just some Eibach Sportline Springs for a Small but noticeable drop.

That price seems quite reasonale to me and by the sounds of it that car is Racing Blue.

Audi TT
Sounds cool. Mine was avus with red leather, armrest, amd remap, dv, big knob, etc etc. On an 03. So was the facelift. It had sat nav too.

The Clio is very similar performance to a STD one. Remapped tt would edge it. ESP after 80mpg.

The Clio will own it in the bends though and the Clio is also a million times more fun. Much more feel. The TT felt numb in comparison to other cars I've had.

Mine was the first of the facelifts too - what you say about the feel of the car is what I would like to have!

I've had the luxury and now I want a drivers car. Especially something that will hold it's own through bends. It must be powerful if its keeping up with a mapped 225. damn I am looking forward to this already!

Audi TT
Find a 182ff with Recaro's or Buy a Trophy

H&R Coilovers come quite recommended on here or maybe just some Eibach Sportline Springs for a Small but noticeable drop.

That price seems quite reasonale to me and by the sounds of it that car is Racing Blue.

Thanks for the info mate!

What are we looking at for the H&R coilovers roughly speaking?

Iceberg 172
Work out the power to weight ratio... Not much in it. They're a fun little car. I had so many turbo'd cars so it was nice to get a car that liked to rev. A lot more fun.

Clio 1970000000
Having driven a TT (cab though) the handling was shite IMO but the car (including armrest) was a lovely environment to be in. Drove it when it was 225 and then 260bhp. The clio in comparison will be a rattly french sh1tbox that will have you grinning from ear to ear.

This is the first french car I have owned and it is all about fun. TBH they aren't especially quick in a straight line (don't believe all the hype and prepare to learn how to drive it quickly as it will feel dead slow after turbo power) but that is not what they are about. Have owned and driven many turbo cars and love them. CS are a different ball game.

Enjoy :approve:

Iceberg 172
The clios aren't all about straightline speed and it will feel slower than the tt but in real life terms there'd be f**k all in it up until about 80/90/100mph.

I've not done anything performance related apart from a stealth cat back and panel filter. I've got coilovers, turinis, splitter, and a few other tarty bits too.

Audi TT
The clios aren't all about straightline speed and it will feel slower than the tt but in real life terms there'd be f**k all in it up until about 80/90/100mph.

I've not done anything performance related apart from a stealth cat back and panel filter. I've got coilovers, turinis, splitter, and a few other tarty bits too.

Tarty bits.... Lol! That's my kinda scene... I will definitely be in touch (if you don't mind) for more advice once a potential purchase has been made.

Re speed - it's good to have it, but I think I've aged in terms of driving as I just love sitting back and enjoying the drive and only really using the loud pedal if really required to!

Iceberg 172
That's what the Clio is great for IMO... It will return fantastic mpg just cruising around, but still good fun throwing it into the odd roundabout!

Audi TT
That's what the Clio is great for IMO... It will return fantastic mpg just cruising around, but still good fun throwing it into the odd roundabout!

I currently have a forge Split-r valve on my TT - having looked at the forgge website, it appears that this valve is also compatible with a phase 2 182 clio - is this really the case? Any idea how it sounds as I love it on my TT!

Nimbus 197, Ph1 172
I currently have a forge Split-r valve on my TT - having looked at the forgge website, it appears that this valve is also compatible with a phase 2 182 clio - is this really the case? Any idea how it sounds as I love it on my TT!

No, as the Clio isn't a turbo.

Iceberg 172
5UBU - Are you retarded? Lol only kidding.

The Clio isn't turbo charged.

I'm not a fan of the Split R. 007p sounds better when running a fair amount of boost.

Audi TT
5UBU - Are you retarded? Lol only kidding.

The Clio isn't turbo charged.

I'm not a fan of the Split R. 007p sounds better when running a fair amount of boost.

Not retarded, just thought the Clio's were a 2.0T engine? Ah well... Lol

Nimbus 197, Ph1 172
Time to do some research! Clio's are much more suited to N/A in my opinion. Get a Yozza and a V6 airbox on it and enjoy.

Audi TT
Time to do some research! Clio's are much more suited to N/A in my opinion. Get a Yozza and a V6 airbox on it and enjoy.

Get a you what mate, lol!?

I have modded the sirbox on my TT myself to get some induction noise, I'm guessing the same is possible on the clio? Just put some holes in the bottom of it...

A ANIMAL

I have modded the sirbox on my TT myself to get some induction noise, I'm guessing the same is possible on the clio? Just put some holes in the bottom of it...

Yozza is an exhaust mate. Don't bother with the airbox, unless it's 1995 again?? lol.

Get an ITG panel filter in the standard airbox, aftermarjket exhaust for some noise and point at some b-roads

Iceberg 172

Classic TT Forum mods! We all know you drilled holes to get a better dump valve noise!!!

Audi TT
Yozza is an exhaust mate. Don't bother with the airbox, unless it's 1995 again?? lol.

Get an ITG panel filter in the standard airbox, aftermarjket exhaust for some noise and point at some b-roads

Sounds like a plan!