ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Potential Buyer...

Nimbus 197, Ph1 172
Get a you what mate, lol!?

I have modded the sirbox on my TT myself to get some induction noise, I'm guessing the same is possible on the clio? Just put some holes in the bottom of it...

Yozzasport is a company who sell parts for RenaultSports. Make lovely exhausts. As said, dont worry with an open induction kit or drilling holes everywhere. Think the most proven set up is a Ph1 or V6 airbox with a decent panel filter. JMS sell a V6 airbox kit. Combine this with an RSTuner re-map and you'll have a lively, fun car.

Audi TT
Yozzasport is a company who sell parts for RenaultSports. Make lovely exhausts. As said, dont worry with an open induction kit or drilling holes everywhere. Think the most proven set up is a Ph1 or V6 airbox with a decent panel filter. JMS sell a V6 airbox kit. Combine this with an RSTuner re-map and you'll have a lively, fun car.

What's the rough cost of your above quoted combo mate?

Nimbus 197, Ph1 172
Not too sure. You could probably pick up the exhaust and RSTuner used, and possibly the airbox too. The good thing with the JMS set-up is I believe it comes with everything needed. Hunt about and see whats out there. I'd sooner concentrate on braking and handling first though.

Iceberg 172
To be honest, the 1*2's are great as standard.

But there is so much you can do to them but to get a decent increase in power is costly. The few hundred quid you spent on the TT to get an extra 45bhp will get you about 2bhp on the Clio. So spend your money wisely.

Brakes are fine IMO for road use with the occasional spirited drive so there's not much point spending your money there initially IMO.

Power is hard to get without spending a fortune so Ive gone as far as a panel filter and cat back which has probably made no difference at all!

Handling is where the Clio can shame cars it couldn't on the straights so suspension mods just makes it even better!

But if I'm totally honest, none of my mods have been to enhance performance as I don't push it hard enough day to day. So I've concentrated on looks. Speedlines Turini wheels, coilovers, splitter, silvervision bulbs... All have been done to enhance it's look as I think they're a really good looking hot hatch!

To answer your question though, I'd expect to pay about £6-700 on an exhaust, rs tuner and v6 airbox.

Audi TT
To be honest, the 1*2's are great as standard.

But there is so much you can do to them but to get a decent increase in power is costly. The few hundred quid you spent on the TT to get an extra 45bhp will get you about 2bhp on the Clio. So spend your money wisely.

Brakes are fine IMO for road use with the occasional spirited drive so there's not much point spending your money there initially IMO.

Power is hard to get without spending a fortune so Ive gone as far as a panel filter and cat back which has probably made no difference at all!

Handling is where the Clio can shame cars it couldn't on the straights so suspension mods just makes it even better!

But if I'm totally honest, none of my mods have been to enhance performance as I don't push it hard enough day to day. So I've concentrated on looks. Speedlines Turini wheels, coilovers, splitter, silvervision bulbs... All have been done to enhance it's look as I think they're a really good looking hot hatch!

To answer your question though, I'd expect to pay about £6-700 on an exhaust, rs tuner and v6 airbox.

TBH mate, I'd be the same. I've never done a track day (not something I'm that keen on) and don't tend to drive like a loon on the roads. I'm more interested in getting the car to look the way I want it to - that saying, I'll probably drop it first then get to work on other things. I'm a big fan of front splitters so that's another option.

With running the risk of sounding chavvy, I do like a loud-er exhaust on my car, lol. Also, induction noise is a beg yes-yes. Doing the mods you have mentioned, will I get a decent sound or will it sound cheap - I don't mind intrusive noise as my journey's are not that long, but just not noise that resembles a punto rumbling along with a back box bigger than the driver.

Nimbus 197, Ph1 172
The Yozza systems are loud. I'd look for another system if you dont want mega loud. You'll get a nice induction noise with a V6 airbox. All RS Clios look about perfect with a set of 16" Turinis, carbon splitter and a nice drop. Look through the progress threads to get an idea.

Audi TT
I would love a loud system as long as it suits the car.

I think the exhaust and a drop would be first on the list.

I have been looking at the lookers deal for the new 200 and am waiting to see what they would take for my TT.

If that doesn't go to plan, the car will be on Autotrader next week with the plate coming off in the next 10 days. If its doesn't sell privately, I will take a hit at a dealer with a px - not too keen on losing a grand or so, but I'm being my usual impatient self wanting this car!

Iceberg 172
Mine sounds 'nice' IMO. Not too loud until your flat out at 6000rpm as it's probably a bit loud then!

The coilovers have reduced roll massively... But the main gain for me was the looks!

Turinis look the nuts on the clios. But the are loads of options out there.

Where do you live? If you're local pop round and have a gander?

Audi TT
Mine sounds 'nice' IMO. Not too loud until your flat out at 6000rpm as it's probably a bit loud then!

The coilovers have reduced roll massively... But the main gain for me was the looks!

Turinis look the nuts on the clios. But the are loads of options out there.

Where do you live? If you're local pop round and have a gander?

From what I can see of yours in your pic it looks where I'd like to be with my potential car.

Looks sweet and I bet it sounds it too!

Cheers for the offer of having a look - I'd be struggling to go anywhere to get a test drive atm - just got married and moved in to a new place so life is too crazy! Am getting nagged to do everything but look at cars!

Am based in Pinner btw - maybe soon once things settle down...

172 Ph1, 1972 Mini 1
Can def recommend a Ph1 or V6 airbox if you like induction noise, i love the sound of mine and considering its standard its amazing!

Also i dont find the standard exhaust that quiet and i think it sounds really nice, aftermarket stainless ones do sound better tho and more raspy.