ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Poverty Spec Paris - more :) per £

1997 Clio 1.2 8v Paris
Just gone and bought myself a 1997 'P' Renault Clio 1.2 8v Paris in red.
- 57,000 miles
- 6 months MOT
- 4 brand new tyres & new spare
- Brand new exhaust
- No service history
- No tax
- Very little rust on sills and arches
- Engine bay is very tidy
- Started first time after being sat for 3 weeks and idled brilliantly

All for £450. :)

Insured it (29/08/2009) for £1038 and going to tax it next week when my papers come through.
No real plans for it yet, first things first is to get a service done on it, and possibly a cambelt change while that's being done. And a bloody good valet! :)
Anyway here are some photos from Ebay, a lot cleaner in person and certainly will be when I get my hands on it:

Clio1.gif

Clio2.gif

Clio3.gif

Clio4.gif

Clio5.gif

Clio6.gif

Clio7.gif

Clio8.gif

1997 Clio 1.2 8v Paris
19 with 3 points. But that's fully comprehensive.
To say insurers were trying to charge me £2300 last year for a 1.0 Corsa.. It's a big jump.

ValverInBits
why pay £450 for a car then comprehensively insure it (presumably with a fairly sizeable excess?)

good luck with the car.

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
its the way of the world at the mo. cant have a go at the OP for doing things properly, at least theyre honest.... good luck with the car mate. although i probly would have gone tpft.

will do you well to build up some no claims and poverty french has less to go wrong.

R27, Deep Black
Good luck with the motor bud.

Also i red in a article not too long ago that sometimes your actually cheaper going fully comp as alot of young lads are going tpft with fast cars. So basically just another way insurance is trying to shaft us.

1997 Clio 1.2 8v Paris
Thanks guys. Didn't want to spend an extra £600 on TPF&T if I'm honest. Would rather just have the excess if I was to have a crash.
I'm a Christian driver so won't be going fast in anything. Lol.

OneTime_

ClioSport Club Member
  '65 BMW F31 330d
Thanks guys. Didn't want to spend an extra £600 on TPF&T if I'm honest. Would rather just have the excess if I was to have a crash.
I'm a Christian driver so won't be going fast in anything. Lol.

what are the 3 points for then?

1997 Clio 1.2 8v Paris
Unlucky. Especially at 1am...usually let you go with a warning :(

Real prick of a policeman. 'Got any points on your license?'
'No I haven't.'
'You have now!'

What a 100mph power goon!

Woman in front was doing 18mph.. I didn't overtake doing over 30 lol. :S

Monaco 172 + mk1 RSi
i got a mk1 on an R reg a few month ago with 44,000 miles and 2 lady owners from new for £80 because it has a cracked mirror glass and a huge dint in the door where a van reversed into her lmao

BARGAIN

had 2 month tax and MOT and flew through its MOT last week

jamie

Black 197
PC20 - overtaking on a pedestrian crossing.. at 1am. :(

I got a PC20 nearlly 10 years back, Was on a motorbike overtaking cars on the O/S, Cars were stationary so i was passing very slowly, Green light at pedestrian crossing and then i get stopped saying i should have waited for the car to move ?? I didnt argue with the rozzer tbh and took the points..

1997 Clio 1.2 8v Paris
I didn't argue either, I got caught doing something that I shouldn't have been (even though I was unaware it was an offence) so just took the points & fine, went home and had a kip. :D

1997 Clio 1.2 8v Paris
Well it now has a nice big crease down the drivers side. Actually isn't too bad I'm just a drama (king)queen.

Exhaust was hanging very low so had it readjusted and now sits higher than God himself. Got my servicing kit ready to give it a going over soon and today bought myself a CD player and getting some Apline 10cm and 17cm speakers tonight. :)

1997 Clio 1.2 8v Paris
Not that any of you will be bothered but I'm getting rid of this now..
Going back to Vauxhall, I miss my Corsa. :(

But before the thread ends here are a couple of updates:

Got my first claim through from one of the crashes so instantly bought myself some audio equipment:

Sony Xplod head-unit
VIBE BlackAir2 12" 1600w subwoofer
VIBE BlackBox1 600w amplifier
(CBR enclosure)
FLI 69 Integrator 6x9s
Alpine 4" dash speakers (2 way)

LGIM0001.jpg

Also replenished my valeting supplies somewhat (don't know why the hell I put the Colour Restorer in the photo) as I now work for a bodyshop, valeting customers cars and using the unit for 'mates rates' jobs. :)

LGIM0015.gif

LGIM0017-1.gif

LGIM0018-1.gif