ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Powder Coating Service

Clio 182
Right, so my friend is trying to start up his own little business in powder coating. He wants to know what the general consensus is for pricing, so we're talking inlet manifolds, fuel rail guards, basically anything on the car that you would want painted, that is metal. He's done a fair bit of practising and he's done a few parts of mine also ( i'll post up some pics when I can get some). Price will have to include postage to him and back from him, unless you're local to us (Newbury, reading, Basingstoke etc.) and want to drop the parts off.

So if you guys would be so kind to give me an input, it would be much appreciated.

PS. he can't do wheels at the moment.

Regards
Dan

172 cup
Bloody typical as I've just painted mine and your only round the corner. Is he thinking of doing wheels soon?

RS6 C7
It's not an expensive process.

Something like an inlet manifold as a one off would be £30-40, Bike frames are usually £20.

Clio 182
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21360100868.224880.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21360100905.796484.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21360100925.366373.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21360100938.910212.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21360100954.455423.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21360100970.391864.jpg

Clio 182
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21360101286.300787.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21360101306.325448.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21360101333.428852.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21360101344.304667.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21360101362.241670.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21360101373.683340.jpg

The last one is mine but he's recently done the engine lift point and the throttle body aswell, I'll try get a pic of that ASAP, looks great.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Looking good - I might have a few bits I could do with coating

Clio 182
Bloody typical as I've just painted mine and your only round the corner. Is he thinking of doing wheels soon?

Possibly mate, I'll get onto him with that one. But even stuff that Isn't car parts that is metal he can do, maybe if you've got a hobby or an interest. Bike parts, gun parts, fishing parts, anything!

PH2 Flamer
Some one else in newbury charged 100 for inlet mani and engine cover. And 20 for fuel rail guard.

Weather thst was normal spraying or powder coating i dont know. I have no idea how to tell the difference.

Im abingdon and interested in having my turinis done. Pm me.

Clio 182
Some one else in newbury charged 100 for inlet mani and engine cover. And 20 for fuel rail guard.

Weather thst was normal spraying or powder coating i dont know. I have no idea how to tell the difference.

Im abingdon and interested in having my turinis done. Pm me.

Hi mate, the engine cover is most likely be sprayed, and if the others look and feel the same then they probably are too, powder coating is a lot more durable and can take the heat! He's not doing wheels at the moment because he hasn't mastered them and wouldn't want to give back a product that's looks naff!

Cheers

Clio 182
Also he'd like me to drop in the fact that he can do calliper restoration and coating too, replacing seals etc! You can see a before and after of a mk2 fiesta calliper in a couple of the pictures

Cheers

172 Cup
If he wants to practice his wheels, we've got a set of turinis that even a blind man with no hands couldn't make look any worse! How long would it take him to do a set?

Clio 182
If he wants to practice his wheels, we've got a set of turinis that even a blind man with no hands couldn't make look any worse! How long would it take him to do a set?

Hi mate, he said he would take you up on that offer in a few weeks time, obviously you'd have to pay to have them shipped to him and back to you and maybe cover the price of some powder but he said he would do them.

Regards

Clio 182
How much per caliper? And what colours for example could he colour match my cup?

Basically he said £15 per calliper plus postage back, but he will return the calliper and piston seals etc not assembled or he can put them back together with old seals but can't guarantee they won't leak, or alternatively you send him your callipers and a couple of refurb kits and he'll blast them coat them and put them back together

Cheers