ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Power caps

Hi

Any one on here have one, and if so do you think they are any good. My problem is that I have managed to kill my Optima DC yellow top battery, and I am considering a bigger alternator, and possibly a power cap. Not sure what size to get 1.0 , 2.0, 3.0 Farad? Also, which alternator would fit that would generate a higher amperage?

Unfortunately I do not have enough room in the williams to consider a split charging system, and a solar panel on the roof isnt going to help much over here! lol

A cap would help take some of the load off of the battery. For size of Cap would need to know what youre running and ratings of equipment.

Im running 4 amps. Rockford 60 punch, Alpine MRV-T301 (or something), running two lots of components (speakers about 160w each).

The other two amps are Power acoustic A3000DB Digital monoblock amps (160amps peak current consumption each). They run two MOFO-12s rated at 2400w a piece (currently running at 4ohms).

Not sure how helpful my info is.

cap would make your problem worse.. caps draw their power from battery so when they have discharged they put extra draw on battery to recharge...

upgrade all your cars earths, upgrade power cable from alternator to battery and upgrade your alternator..

with careful arranging of your kit you should be able to get a second battery in there

paul

http://www.audio-one.co.ukwww.audio-one.co.uk

Cheers Paul. Ill take some on my phone and email then on to the site. You after a picture of the engine bay and the boot? If so then the boot is out of the question as my box fills the entire boot.

Cheers

Deano