ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Power Flex bushes

260% JCW
Ive done them all but was wondering, Do you think these would wear like the originals? Maybe not as quickly but they must wear, or get tired?

Opinions?

RB 182
They'll last a lot longer than standard rubber bushes, you shouldn't have to worry about changing them again whilst you have the car, that's for sure.

How do you find them? Mine seems to have made a great difference in the way it drives, much better/tighter feel.

RB 182
Nah not at all! Pretty straight forward, all you need is a vice to press them into the wishbones, and it's pretty straight forward.

260% JCW
I thought the car felt alot tighter after we fitted the lower wishbone bushes. Not to sure about the anti roll bar bushes though. Theyr'e easy to fit too.

Have you done the dog bone and engine mounts?

Ive done the dog bone, but i think the engine mounts have had it.

RB 182
Not yet although the dog bone needs doing ASAP. I've got new engine mounts all round besides the dog bone as it looked new at the time, but after todays spirited run, it's clear it's shot lol!

RB 182
Yeah deffo, i'll probably upgrade when I go for a bit more power, but that'll be a fair way off yet I reckon!

ITB'd MK1
some uprated bushes, like the powerflex lower arm bushes for the clio, need the sleeves welding in, not just pressing in. seen a lot not done right that move and wear away at the subframe

Clio 172
I fitted powerflex wishbone bushes to my ph 1 they have lasted 3 events and all have ovalled sleeves (welded in properly before anyone says it) and were wobbling in the subframe causing excessive wishbone movement so they've been binned for standard items and alls good now.

Now the dogbone feels slack too so i'll be looking for a replacement for that too.

200 FF Storm Grey
My steering feels quite loose lately, the smallest tramline in the road can drag the car quite easily also at high speeds it's extremely vague, thinking it may be the bushes as there's def nothing bent under there and the wheels are correctly balanced, sound likely? Easy enough to check?

Clio 172
My steering feels quite loose lately, the smallest tramline in the road can drag the car quite easily also at high speeds it's extremely vague, thinking it may be the bushes as there's def nothing bent under there and the wheels are correctly balanced, sound likely? Easy enough to check?

Checked your inner track rod ball joints?.

172 Ph1
some uprated bushes, like the powerflex lower arm bushes for the clio, need the sleeves welding in, not just pressing in. seen a lot not done right that move and wear away at the subframe

What mig weld them in , makes sense.
I fitted mine recently and was wondering about if the rings fall out, welding will solve this issue, sweet

340i
LOL it even tells you in the instructions to tac the sleeves in place!

I've seen so many who have not done this :S

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
sorry to dig this up,
but i purchased a new set today off a member of clio16valver,

and they didnt come with any instructions!!

ive got 4 big sleeves, 4 small sleeves and 4 bushes,
like this
http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=1052

can someone write me a quick guide to fitting them??
what needs to be welded where??

thankyou!!

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
please help!!

do you tac the sleeves in with the bushes already in??
or will the heat damage them??

Ph1 Vee #457 & 850-R
I fitted powerflex wishbone bushes to my ph 1 they have lasted 3 events and all have ovalled sleeves (welded in properly before anyone says it) and were wobbling in the subframe causing excessive wishbone movement so they've been binned for standard items and alls good now.

Now the dogbone feels slack too so i'll be looking for a replacement for that too.

I fitted Power-Flex to my Volvo 850-R and they lasted 1 year before they completely failed. Got another set off 'RT Mechanics' and seem fine now. I was told it was probably a bad batch. The old ones were returned to Power-Flex for R&D, so they are aware of the problem.

TrackCar & F30 330d
Can someone confirm the sizes of the bushes i need for my 182

No 1: FRONT LOWER WISHBONE BUSH x 4
No 2: FRONT ANTI ROLL BAR INNER MOUNT x 2 * (see notes below)
No 3: FRONT ANTI ROLL BAR OUTER MOUNT x 2 ** (see notes below)

* PLEASE TELL US WHETHER YOU NEED 23MM OR 25MM BUSHEs
** PLEASE TELL US WHETHER YOU NEED 22MM OR 23MM BUSHES

260% JCW
Can someone confirm the sizes of the bushes i need for my 182

No 1: FRONT LOWER WISHBONE BUSH x 4
No 2: FRONT ANTI ROLL BAR INNER MOUNT x 2 * (see notes below)
No 3: FRONT ANTI ROLL BAR OUTER MOUNT x 2 ** (see notes below)

* PLEASE TELL US WHETHER YOU NEED 23MM OR 25MM BUSHEs
** PLEASE TELL US WHETHER YOU NEED 22MM OR 23MM BUSHES

When i bought mine i was told that the 182 has the thicker anti roll bar, they should come in a kit form. Im not sure about the lower arms, im guessing there the same after seeing mine and Stava's.

Clio 182 Titanium
id like to know also but not got a vernier caliper!
you can drop the ARB out without removing the subframe right? to get to the inner ones?

Nickson

ClioSport Club Member
When i bought mine i was told that the 182 has the thicker anti roll bar, they should come in a kit form. Im not sure about the lower arms, im guessing there the same after seeing mine and Stava's.

When I measured by ARB, I had 23 and 25mm, and I have a PH1 172!!

Probably best to measure them to make sure!

Clio 172
Which bushes can you replace with Poly Bushes?

Im looking to replace all the bushes on my car the Poly ones!