ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

power gains

mk2 clio 172

would i get more if i added a bb tuning ecu upgrade or is there a better one i could get for maximum results?

get it properly mapped with a RR session.

It needs to be done to your car for the best results, as manufacturing differences exist.

MK2 Audi TT - 2.0T dsg.

When you add a ITG Filter do you need to re-map anything or have it tuned in anyway, or is it just pop it on and it works fine?
Im also thinking of a Prospeed system at some point.
[Edited by Thomss on 8/16/2005 1:35:39 AM]

182>FRS>VX220 now 350Z

RS clios tend to run lean with a performance exhaust and filter...best to upgrade the ECU or go for a fully mapped piggy back unit...plus you get the best from the mods/engine!

it CAN work, and will work, they tested it themselves.....to an extent.

People get hung up on how sensitive the F4R is to modifications, an air filter isnt going to blow it up. Although i have seen one case where something along those lines has caused detonation, but the proof wasnt substantiated beyond a guess.

However, you will always get the best out of any modification by altering the fueling and ignition curves, but it isnt 100% neccesary unless you carry out a level of mods which WILL undoubtedly push the engine into lean running conditions.

mk2 clio 172

also adding a sports cat and its been booked in at gdi for an SMT6 what bhp am i looking at with these and the above mods.

cheers dan

182>FRS>VX220 now 350Z

Danny, dont bother with the sports cat imo...just get a de-cat as Charlie @ ProSpeed will weld flanges onto the pipework so the originaly cat can be refitted come MOT time.

Good move on the SMT6 but with just exhaust and filter the gains wont be massive....will just result in the car being alot smoother, a bit quicker and safer (peice of mind knowing its not running lean). Definately worth your while checking the group buy for the AWT modified inlet manifolds as along with the mods youve planned and the mapping you should se a nice gain. Best to get as much done at once as additional remaps of the SMT are £150+vat i think and the manifolds arent all that expensive.

Quote: Originally posted by BenR on 16 August 2005

it CAN work, and will work, they tested it themselves.....to an extent.

People get hung up on how sensitive the F4R is to modifications, an air filter isnt going to blow it up. Although i have seen one case where something along those lines has caused detonation, but the proof wasnt substantiated beyond a guess.

However, you will always get the best out of any modification by altering the fueling and ignition curves, but it isnt 100% neccesary unless you carry out a level of mods which WILL undoubtedly push the engine into lean running conditions.
what, kinda like me running cams, zorst, decat, filter and no map you mean? uh oh... lol