ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Power!!! (induction kit)

Insignia SRi
Yeah def, if we all could im sure most of us would like to go down the throttle boddies route for noise and gains but in the real world we cant all do that!!

Just makes feel different by adding the little bits i guess :)

b/g 182, meg tourer
Why are people removing cafs and fitted panel filters to get 1-2hp!. All the time and effort for no gain, I dont think there is much gains to be had (that you would notice) unless your spending HUGE amounts of cash when going down the NA route!

I learnt the hard way! tuning clios on a budget sucks, you get no gain! I just spent 4.5k on getting a extra 20-25hp! Which on the road is nothing! I wish i had left it at 220hp lol!, maybe its myself i need to pretch too!

im not bothered about the gains mate. not expecting any to be honest. not a lot of effort to remove a caf and an acoustic valve, 45mins max! the gains you is the sound, free sound! what more could you ask for to be honest! better than spending £££ on an induction kit. wether a pannel filter makes any difference or not im not sure, could be a waste of money, but mine seemed to breathe a little easier with the itg pannel filter.

my car is running a healthy 181.2bhp on the rollers at jabbasport. thats a pretty much standard car with a miltek exhaust, itg filter, removed caf and acoustic valve. im not about to spend 4k trying to tune a car that does not respond well to tuning. waste of money. i would stop at ITB's. im happy with the car as it is tbh.

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
supercharger is where its at! ITBs sound epic but you get board of the power very fast!

Im looking at r32s at the moment for my main car, people on there spend like 2.5k to get about 15hp! Feck that! lol...well the supersprint exhaust is £2,400 I want for it, the noise though! The noise!

b/g 182, meg tourer
supercharger is where its at! ITBs sound epic but you get board of the power very fast!

Im looking at r32s at the moment for my main car, people on there spend like 2.5k to get about 15hp! Feck that! lol...well the supersprint exhaust is £2,400 I want for it, the noise though! The noise!

heard an r32 at jabba with a miltek fitted. sounded pure sex!

Ph1

Spend 2.5k on your Clio and it will whip a R32's ass ! Fact ;)

Kind of puts the cash for little gain into more of a perspective..... :cool:

Last edited:
  Golf GTD Mk7
very true. I'm still torn between the standard box or the v6. Got both at the moment. Just need a new ITG of Ktec equivalent.

Just been out and tried both the V6 without CAf and the standard box with caf disconnected (both with OE filters) and the noise is very similar. Throttle feels identical. Hmmm, decisions decisions.

Ph1
Its a relatively cheap upgrade, on 4.5k & 25 bhp you spent £180 per bhp!

With a panel filter you spent £40 per bhp, even if you only get 1 ;)

4.5k being a lot but making a difference where as £40 doing completely nothing so better off sticking the cash down the drain going by your own admissions,.. ;)

Stock air box is crap. Had stock, Viper and now a Maxogen so have the experience and the RR results to prove ;)

Where folk fall down is they think bolting a IK up on its own is going to gain them raw power. Fact is without it being in conjunction with other mods AND propely set up its going to make bugger all difference in real terms.

Where folk fall down is they think bolting a IK up on its own is going to gain them raw power. Fact is without it being in conjunction with other mods AND propely set up its going to make bugger all difference in real terms.

:D Thats what i have always thought. A mod isnt a mod until you have got everything to back it up.