ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Power Steering Glitches

Clio Sport 172
If anyone can help I'd appreciate.
Now and again my power steering goes dead and the steering feels very heavy. When this happens the "stop" light and the battery light go on.

What is happening?

Clio Sport 172
It had a major service last week at Renault, I mentioned to them they should check my steering, It had sort of a shudder when you turned the wheel, and now the lights started coming on. But you never know, maybe they just forgot?
thanks.

100% garented the AUX belt isn't tight. Get the garage to check the belt tension if might need either a new belt or a new belt and tensioner if its a full fat thats 2.7 hour or so labour belt is £12 and the tensioners are £70 have a loook on the forum someone selling a tensioner and belt I'm sure somewhere.

(unbless its a Cup in which case a new belt alone which is a nice quick cheap job the tensioners done by the alternator bracket).