ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Power steering issue

TRH_Racing

South East - Herts/London
ClioSport Area Rep
I know ive had a leak for a while and even renault have told me but we didnt know what it was .. turned the car on the other day, turned the wheel and a loud wining started, opened up and checked the PSF pot and it was empty, filled it up etc and its now a dark murky color instead of red ..
how much am i looking at to get it all sorted? :/

boomerbang2006

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172,2001
Ive just had my power steering pump replaced and fitted on my ph1...£160 for the new pump and £80 to fit..

boomerbang2006

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172,2001
I thought the same here but if youre loosing fluid then its pretty clear there is a problem,just get youre trusted mechanic to confirm its the pump..got mine new from renault parts direct...

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Ill have a head down to my local garage or renault and get them to have a look!
Any updates on this mate, was it the pump or just a leaky sensor. My steering is really heavy but havent got any leaks.

Clio sport 172
The pump is easy enough to replace yourself, my pump destroyed itself. The fluid was black and there were chunks of metal in it.