ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

power steering pipe leak...???

clio 172
hi guys just a quick question, only had my 172 for 4 days and when i went to look at it the previous owner said its got a slight leak from a power steering pipe behind the engine, somewhere at the back above the exhaust minifold........?????? i no abit about cars but ain't had time to look at it with work so was just wondering if anyone no's which pipe it is so i can replace it sunday. thanks ;);)

1.2 Extreme
If you follow the pipe from your power steering reservoir down to the back of the engine you should be able to find the leak. There should be a wet patch around the hole on the pipe!

Hope this helps!

clio 172
hi guys just a quick question, only had my 172 for 4 days and when i went to look at it the previous owner said its got a slight leak from a power steering pipe behind the engine, somewhere at the back above the exhaust minifold........?????? i no abit about cars but ain't had time to look at it with work so was just wondering if anyone no's which pipe it is so i can replace it sunday. thanks ;);)

I had a leak from the same place, the heat shield rubs of the power steering pipe. Its a bit of a ball ache to change. It goes from the rack (drivers side of car) all the way round the engine bay under the battery , along the frot of car to the pump. Iv got 2 spare power steering steering pipes for sale if your interested ? Off a 03 172

Last edited:
  clio 172
hi had a look this morning and from what i could see its the pipe that runs down on the drivers side leaking. (from looking from the front) i can see the fluid dripping off a metal calmp bit...lol, behind the drivers front wheel, if that makes sence...:D looks like it runs along / by the steering rack... thanks for your help guys and pm me a price matey...wink wink

2001 Clio 172
Oh they are definately a ball ache I changed a full set on my 172 today. I will say a set of stubby spanners helped me no end as access is limited!! Good luck

clio 172
I had a leak from the same place, the heat shield rubs of the power steering pipe. Its a bit of a ball ache to change. It goes from the rack (drivers side of car) all the way round the engine bay under the battery , along the frot of car to the pump. Iv got 2 spare power steering steering pipes for sale if your interested ? Off a 03 172

WOULD IT BE A GOOD IDEA IF I TRIMED THE HEAT SHIELD A LITTLE...???????????? TO STOP IT HAPPENING AGAIN...