ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Power steering problem

clio williams, Ph1 172

Just noticed today when I checked my power steering fluid today that it looks like it has been leaking onto the top of the plastic reservoir. I cant see any cracks in it or anything. I noticed my power steerin was a bit noisier today. I checked the fluid and it was a bit low so i topped it up and it quietened it down. Any ideas where it could be leaking?

Yeah, dont worry not a problem, just check it every so often.

The caps have a small hole in the top. it comes from there.

clio williams, Ph1 172

OK cheers :D I worry about little things. I know the cars had 2 new power steerin pumps and a new rack since I got it and when it got noisy I got worried. I topped it up right up to where the weird liney bits are inside and its gone loads quieter now so im happy. Ive noticed its leaked before but it doesnt seem to lose much. Not topped it up since ive had it and i got it beginnin of feb.

Are you meant to change this fluid often? When serviced etc?

BMW 320d Sport

hehe the mysteries of the power steering! Mine blows fluid around like a surfacing sperm whale! Dont worry its normal, but annoying.