ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

power steering

i have a whining noise coming from my engine since i had the cambelt and water pump changed las month. have they tightened something to tight or not tight enough or could it be the power steering pump???

the noise varies when i turn the steering wheel?? have they damaged something when changing teh cambelt/powerstering pump or is it simple bad luck??

Clio 172 Cup
My fluid was low. This caused power steering to whine when I turned the wheel when car stationary. Problem was due to power steering pump leaking. Sorted when I changed the pump. I would check out the tensioner pulley to the aux. belt as well as the power steering pump itself as it may be on its way out. Assuming the tension on your aux belt is ok now, the belt may have been a little slack due to wear and now it has been re-tensioned it puts more strain on the bearings.