ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Powerflex rear beam bushes or PMS bearing kit?

Just wondering what people would recommend for a track car?

I am swaying towards the powerflex black series at the moment.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
I have the bearing kit fitted to mine. Good bit of kit and does exactly what it should do. I can't see any reason why the powerflex bushes wouldn't work either tbh. Main thing to look for is that the stainless steel insert doesn't eat into the bush material itself and allow movement.

I have the bearing kit fitted to mine. Good bit of kit and does exactly what it should do. I can't see any reason why the powerflex bushes wouldn't work either tbh. Main thing to look for is that the stainless steel insert doesn't eat into the bush material itself and allow movement.

My main concern with the bearing kit is they would need the bearing changed regularly as they will be exposed to the elements.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
My main concern with the bearing kit is they would need the bearing changed regularly as they will be exposed to the elements.
Depends how often you use the car tbh. If you use it all year round, the pms kit isn't for you unless your going to religiously clean and lubricate the spherical bearings. That's what I do with all the spherical bearings on mine.

VenomUK

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Depends how often you use the car tbh. If you use it all year round, the pms kit isn't for you unless your going to religiously clean and lubricate the spherical bearings. That's what I do with all the spherical bearings on mine.
Sorry to dig up an old thread but what is your general maintenance to clean and lubricate, please?