ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Powerflow tomorrow...

09 GIXXER 750!!!
Getting a Powerflow system built onto the 182 tomorrow morning.

Has anyone else had theirs done and if so how much did it cost. I have been quoted £450 all in.

What type of system did you have built ie what bore and how many silencers?

Cheers

09 GIXXER 750!!!
Have you had one done?

I was going to ktec for there supersport system but im miles from them. They quoted 430 all in + at least a tank of fuel so about the same. When you say "shop about" have you got and suggestions?

ermmm ur south so its not that easy

yozza are very respected on here as are a few others

myine is a powerflow backbox but tHey proper cacked it up so i took it to another place up here in wigan called DANMAR and they sorted it

but the price PF have quoted is defo too much matey

Ph1
Have you had on done?

Two silencers etc 2.5 bore all the way through?

I havent no but comparing it to a 172 one which usually retail from Powerflow at 230 ish ball park figure, at 400 plus for a 182 one thats surely very close to a proper aftermarket??

Certainly very expensive sounding for Powerflow imo

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
^^^ You shouldn't tar them all with the same brush . The guys at Powerflow in Burnley are spot on .

Pm sent to ya Phantom ;)

ITB'd MK1
not the workmanship, it's the materials. stainless on the backboxes is like fag paper, and the pipe rusts like it's sat in the atlantic

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
not the workmanship, it's the materials. stainless on the backboxes is like fag paper, and the pipe rusts like it's sat in the atlantic

Mine was fine . Maybe they've upped their game when it comes to quality of materials used ?

Black 197
Where in south are you actually ?? I got quoted £350 for a full Powerflow sysytem from a place called RSR.. If your near London i'd try them as they do a blinding job

fabia vrs
Its a good job they come with a lifetime guarantee then.

They need it !! I would never put a powerflow on any of my car's !! I always tell people to stay away from them !! BUT at the end of the day mate it's your car/money !!

Where bout's down south are you ??

Clio MK 4
love my system. sounds just right looks perfect. Had it on for 2 and half years and never had a problem. plus it lifetime warranty

BMW E46 330i Touring
If you're down South then two other options are KTec or Prospeed.

Powerflow probably have a bit of an unfair rep, as they're all franchised. As the materials have been mentioned, maybe ask what grade stainless they use and ask for some examples of the person's welding before letting him loose...

182 - conneries de c
Have you considered a Miltek 182 system?

Got mine from K-tec and fitted by a local garage. Great fit and sound.

Cost in total £360 incl delivery, (which was next day) for the exhaust and about £30 to fit, so well within what you have been quoted.

I would assume most garages would have no real problem fitting the exhaust for you.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Yozza on Ebay at the moemnt.... Located in Norwich but I believe Postage was an option.

Focus RS Mk1
powerflow are a franchise arent they? which means they are all ran by different people meaning one branch would be good another crap. pot luck really

09 GIXXER 750!!!
Well got mine fitted today at a dealing in St Albans. 1st class service. The welds are all neat and look good. Went for 2 1/4 bore with rolled out tail pipes. I went for silencers at the back only. They then let me take it out for a drive but it was too boomy for my liking so the put it back up on the ramp and fitted a silencer in middle now its perfect. Lovely sound when the car idles and not boomy on the motorway. When you open her up it sounds awesome.

Very impressed with everything so I guess its what dealer you use...??

BMW E46 330i Touring
Sounds good mate, impressed with the option to take it for a spin and then make alterations... sounds like they're a good franchisee!

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
Sounds good. Mine was boomy to start with but theres none now. I found it sounded better and better the more miles I put on it:)
Big question is, what did you get it for in the end?

Do the people saying "stay away from powerflow there s**t etc" Understand they are a FRANCHISE , so as with any you will get good and bad. Mine personally is awesome!

09 GIXXER 750!!!
Sounds good. Mine was boomy to start with but theres none now. I found it sounded better and better the more miles I put on it:)
Big question is, what did you get it for in the end?

They wouldnt move on the price but I was happy with that for the ammount of work and good service + drive and refit as well! Sounds and looks the nuts. Just let my mate have a drive whilst I listened and sounds spot on..