ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Powertec IK - Waste of money

Trophy #387
Forked out £110 including fitting for a Powertec induction kit for my 1.2, basically to make it sound better. I've got a few mates who have induction kits and it's made it sound noticably better, so I thought it would be a solid investment for my terrible, diesel sounding car! Especially after I was told that it'd definitely sound louder/better!

Got on the dual carriageway and put my foot down, expecting to hear the deep throaty sound that my friends have experienced - nothing. Very disappointed, i'm guessing because I have no piping as I have the rectangular airbox it's not making a nice noise.

Hopefully in future someone will do a search and find this, and i'll save them the money!

Clio 197
my mate had one on his ZR 160 - bought new and it did basically nothing noise wise - also a massive waste of money

clio 172
i have a powertec on my 172 and its the best thing i have brought so far on it ! cracking noise on it ! very pleased ! :)

Inferno 182 & Saxo
Why didnt you just get a cheap filter or drill the airbox if you only wanted noise? Screw spending £110 on an induction kit!

is1

Integra Type R DC2
Or just leave the car as it was, save £110 (especially if unemployed, Cliosport eh!) and avoid annoying everyone with stupid noise from your car.
Are you also planning an awful exhaust with no silencers by any chance? Or do you already have one?

I had a powertec induction kit on my old 1.2:
18072009002.jpg

I loved the noise when I got it. Definitely could hear it one mine

SEAT Ibiza SC FR
Does this make 12 year old girls from the local estate cream their knickers? If not you wasted your £110 job seekers money.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
I would never pump any sort of induction on a car unless it's a V6 , V8 or V12. I put this huge kit on my V6 and it's sounds like thunder is roaring in your head

2v0d76g.gif

Picture016.gif

I personally would never put anything like that on the trophy.
I have only done it on the vectra for the seer noise that comes out of it

Trophy #387
I had a powertec induction kit on my old 1.2:
18072009002.jpg

I loved the noise when I got it. Definitely could hear it one mine

I don't have the piping on mine... i have a rectangular airbox and the airfilter comes straight out of that :/

SEAT Ibiza SC FR
I'm not sure what is more retarded. Fitting an induction kit to a 1.2 or paying someone else to fit it. Or the fact that the OP is unemployed and is still wasting his money on meaningless mods to his car that is worth a lot more unmolested.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Oh dear.

OP - the reason you have no noise is because you've fitted it inside the airbox. You need to buy a silicone bend off of ebay and fit it like the other guy has (with the picture) it'll then be noisy as hell, and you can pull up to every interview looking like a street racer.

Trophy #387
I could've told you this before you wasted £110 of your job seekers allowance on this item.

Does this make 12 year old girls from the local estate cream their knickers? If not you wasted your £110 job seekers money.

I'm not sure what is more retarded. Fitting an induction kit to a 1.2 or paying someone else to fit it. Or the fact that the OP is unemployed and is still wasting his money on meaningless mods to his car that is worth a lot more unmolested.

Have you got nothing better to do than troll? freak

Oh dear.

OP - the reason you have no noise is because you've fitted it inside the airbox. You need to buy a silicone bend off of ebay and fit it like the other guy has (with the picture) it'll then be noisy as hell, and you can pull up to every interview looking like a street racer.

I didn't fit it haha... So I just need to get the silicone bend, that'll be how much? :/ I'm sure when I phoned up originally he said "It comes with all the silicone piping so it'll look and sound good", but when I turned up he had to order in another part because I had a different airbox to what he was expecting.

Cheers

Living his life a quarter mile at a time, Rob. ;)

If it's anything like my old 1.2 then you need an adapter plate. The reason you have no noise may be down to the fact that it is bolted straight onto the old airbox.

Post a picture of what it looks like.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
Just because he may/may not some sort of benefits doesn't mean you now own him because you involuntary contributed a fraction of a pence.

And we have another doley, what's up ? Hit a nerve did I?

I find it Interesting that state benefits are now that much that people can afford to live, pay rent, own a car and also modify it and tell their insurance company and pay the increased premium.

Dont you?

And we have another doley, what's up ? Hit a nerve did I?

I find it Interesting that state benefits are now that much that people can afford to live, pay rent, own a car and also modify it and tell their insurance company and pay the increased premium.

Dont you?

Firstly I have never been on the dole, not everybody that is in work is against state welfare. Personally I don't think 'doleys' should live like scum - do you think they shouldn't be able to afford to live, pay rent of own a car so they can get about?

So he spent £100 on his Clio of 'your' money, big f**king deal. There are scum c***s willingly cheating the benefits system or their entire lives that are a much bigger problem than this. Stop being such a miserable b*****d and let him have some fun, he's a student so he's young. If he was 30 and never had a job and for no good reason, then he would deserve the remarks.

I think the biggest crime here is that he paid for an IK to be fitted and the t**t put it inside the airbox. Take it back and get him to sort it.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
I never said it was my money you f**king c**t.

Leard to read posts properly.

I'm out

Clio 197
Why so much aggression on this thread , there is no need, people should treat each other with a bit more respect at times on here

Listerine & Poledo
Whoa.... hang on a minute here.

Did someone blow over £100 on an induction kit for a Clio 1.2 shopping?

That takes Full r****d to levels previously unheard of. Even the bucket intake was less dim than this..... comfortably so.

Makes a good case for reducing welfare payments though.

Trophy #387
Tax payers money ?

I'm 18, I left college 3 months ago and i'm currently in part time work, and i'm looking for a full time job... I have never claimed a penny in benefits. I can hardly imagine someone like who you makes such assumptions would be paying much towards my benefits if I did claim... bottom tax bracket are we?