ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ppl who've driven the 197

Megane 225
Few questions:

Do the relays still click when using the wipers/windows or have Renault finally gone into the 21st century?

Does the engine still idle lumpily?

Just wondering while bored at work...

al

ST on the way...
Didn't use wipers or windows so not sure about that one.

Engine idle seemed fine.

UR 197, AB 182 FF
The relays don't click on my MK3 when i use the intermittent washers, so they probably dont on the 197 either

And I didnt notice any lumpy idle when I were a drivin'

al

ST on the way...
nelson182 said:
Wasn't blown away by the performance. But handling around corners felt impressive!

I got tyre squeel on a roundabout, still couldn't feel what was happening through the steering tho :S

Golf R/Leon FR
the idle felt very good, didnt use the wipers or windows though, but it handled well and stopped well too

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
didn't use the wipers, didn't notice the engine idle being anything but smooth, but then so was my 172 with 200 miles on it.

Nissan 350Z
Surely a good handling car isnt one with vague steering though? For me part and parcel of a good handling car is at least being able to feel something through the wheel.

To me the 197 sounds like a car that grips well and doesnt roll much, but doesnt neccesarily handle well (too vague steering, too heavy).

I thought the steering feel was a lot better than I expected. Not as informative as the 182, but FAR better than the Honda Civic TypeR if thats a good reference point.

The small rim goes a long way to improving the overall impression behind the wheel. I still think it 'handles' better than my 182Cup. If only it wasnt so slow.

Ziel Nurburgring
Could do with an extra 30bhp with its feltz like weight to be an improvement over the 182. Handling was great, steering wasnt as bad and the idle/relays were quiet.

Give it a few thousand miles of hard driving and it'll sound like a lifelong smoker coughing its lungs up.