ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ppl with more than 1 car!!

172 M69 eater

(perhaps smokey can help!!)

how do u do insurance on your cars? can you take a policy to drive any car u like or do u have to have seperate policies???

patty

Astra VXR 17/05/07

Thats not the case ^^^ what zippy said

I have 2 cars,my 182 and a new Megane Scenic.Im insured through Morethan who give me exactly the same bonuss on the scenic (as a second policy)that i have on the 182 which is my main policy with full no claims.

So i get full no claims on both :)

Morethan are not the only insurers who do this now

[Edited by Funkyjahooner on 04 September 2005 at 11:41pm]

Seperate policy and have to have no no claims on one car.

You can get policies which cover more than 1 car but they dont allow modified cars so that put me out.

106 GTi

Seperate policys too here - some will companies will mirror you ncb on both if you insure both cars with them.

Separate policies is about the only way for 3 or 3 cars.

Bell Direct match the NCD, or something.. so maybe its everyone in the Admiral group if Elephant do too.

Trophy

Yeah,

Admiral, Elephant and Bell direct will all match your NCB on a 2nd car up to a maximum of 5 years, they take away 2 years for evey claim you have in the last 5 years tho.

Mat.

RS4

zenith will mirror your no claims, but only if your other car is insured with a different company, they were cheap as chips for me.

Use my 4 yrs no claims on the clio (now with Admiral),

The delta is insured with greenlight (they matched the no claims on my clio policy which was with them at the time), this was after a mixup with a classic car insurance scheme. Will be going classic car next renewal as they dont work on a no claims system but more limited mileage. Guarranteed value policy (£15k), limited milesge (<4000 PA), 94 Integrale Evo 2 premium about £300.

Will be switching back to Greenlight probably next year for the clio renewal as they will guarantee 5 yrs no claims (wouldnt do 4 yrs last renewal).

[Edited by blackcat on 05 September 2005 at 5:27pm]

172 M69 eater

as long as my insurance company will insure my highly modded rt and the new motor i think ill be ok... jus need to find a mod friendly good insurance company.... think im buggered

A well built VW

2 policies here aswell both in my name with different companies and they gave me 50% without batting an eyelid If you dont ask you dont get !!!

JonnyK

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  500 Bhp Golf R 7.5

My dad has suggested insuring the second car in his name, then me being a named driver.

Scooby STi, FiestaST

if your planning to drive 1 more than the other and you dont get a mirrored NCB then use the NCB on the one you intend to drive most, and get a small limited mileage policy for the other, i did that for a while and as its restricted miles and they know its a second car the policy was not much tbh.

Mine are both with More Than,m using full no claims on both and a second car discount, although they are not theonly ins company that do this i found them to be the cheepest, for my situation.

Black/Gold 182

If I have 3rd party on any car on my policy can I drive my second car without a seperate insurance policy, this would purely be for sorting out fixing problems before selling it etc, I realise it wouldnt be insured for fire and theft, but its not worth much anyway so could take the risk

Quote: Originally posted by jeccross on 06 September 2005

If I have 3rd party on any car on my policy can I drive my second car without a seperate insurance policy, this would purely be for sorting out fixing problems before selling it etc, I realise it wouldnt be insured for fire and theft, but its not worth much anyway so could take the risk
Usually the 3rd party ability to drive another car is only if the car your driving is insured and ownerd by someone else. This trick of insuring a cheap 1.0 and driving a stupidly quick car was closed down by the insurance companies by bringing this rule into the terms and conditions.

Black/Gold 182

Yeah but I want to insure the expensive one and drive the cheap one for a few weeks till i sell it, if I explain that to them will they charge me a fortune or be reasonable

Quote: Originally posted by casiodan on 05 September 2005

2 policies - 1 in my name 1 in the wifes name and both as named driver on the other ones policy.

This is how me n the mrs have got it also fella. A car each and named drivers on each others car.