ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Praise for my 172

When I got my Ph2 172, it did feel like a bit of a step back at the time - what with having already owned 3 Mk1 Clios, coming from a Fiat 20VT (people usually trade the other way round lol!) and not feeling like a million dollars every time I drove it. I knew it was the right step though - and I stuck with it. Id gotten fed-up of huge fuel bills and spending on car maintenance rather than my mountain biking habit.

Anyway, four months down the line and Ive re-learnt how to rev the nuts off a car and generally chuck it about (took me a while to realise that best progress is at 5-7k revs :oops:). The handling is ace and I love the brakes. The interior is really suave and I appreciate all the toys. Whats more, it all damn works and bits arent falling off!

Just come back from a 300-mile round trip on business today and averaged 43mpg on A-roads and dual carriageways. Thats the high £20s for fuel, but £120 in expenses from work! **Kerching** (y) Oh, and new front brake pads cost me £23 and were a doddle to fit - pocket money!

So, consider a 172/182 as the perfect downgrade if you need to reduce your running costs, but not your fun levels.

ex Clio 172 owner :(

Lol, Im even considering downgrading the VTS to a 172.... my VTS uses more fuel than my mates mk2 172 did.

Street Triple R

Quote: Originally posted by Chris1.4RT on 13 June 2005

Lol, Im even considering downgrading the VTS to a 172.... my VTS uses more fuel than my mates mk2 172 did.
lol i did that

I love mine too after coming from a Mini Cooper S.....

Car is great, but Renault are such a Ball ache to deal with!

Ha ha! I dont deal with Renault - Ive found two good independent garages (sadly both a faff to get to) who look after my car now its out of warranty for a fraction of Renault prices.

ff 182

Alrite mate how you doin i take it your loving the car speak soon im sure my car is cheaper to run than my valver was.

Coolio Pete. Im taking the car to Macks tomorrow to get it serviced.

Ill keep an eye out for you in your bad-boy Pug.

ff 182

Ben mate ask them about me and im sure they will tell you alot went there with every car ive had.

They are best and cheap too.

Cheers Dude

^^^ Just got the car back from the 24k service there and it was only £120! How cool is that?

They also asked whether my 172 was chipped as it "had some poke" (it isnt). The son of the owner, who is a forum member, has a Cup and the guy insisted it was definitely the pokiest 172 hed driven, even when I said I wasnt sure it was any better than my old Williams. :D