ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pre cat lambda wires cut

Hi all just a quick one really, I've had the engine management light on since I bought the car as its decatted. . Used Rs tuner and brings up O2 heater circuit open I think it said anyhoo after a close inspection I've seen the pre cat lambda has wires cut off hence the EML I'd imagine. Question is what effect would this be having on car I.e running, mpg, performance etc or not much at all ?
Cheers people

172 Cup
Is it definitely the pre cat and not the post cat that has had the wires cut because that's the one that gives the ecu all the information on fueling etc the post cat is only there to turn on the eml light I would imagine if the pre cat is not in the loop it would run like s**t and do about 15mpg?

Ahhh maybe I'm just talking crap then !!! Whatever it is it sits above the down pipe and have a black box connector with 4 cables cut ??