ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pre Wash Comparison

terryc101

ClioSport Club Member
Picked up some DemonShine Rapid Dirt Shifter yesterday so thought I'd do a little comparison of the the two pre wash sprays I have in my collection. So its Rapid Dirt Shifter vs AF Citrus Power.

Price

I bought the 1litre bottle of citrus power which goes for around £10 from most sites. The RDS seems to vary greatly in price going as high as around £8 at Halfords, but can be found on offer at many supermarkets and the 1L bottle I bought was just £3 at morrisons. So you can save yourself over a fiver between the products

Bottle/Sprayer

The two bottles seem very similar in terms of quality and the spray heads are almost identical, the one difference is that CP has 2 options of spray pattern over the RDS one. Both feel good quality when spraying and don't seem likely to break easily.

IMAG1482_zps060cd9e6.jpg

IMAG1483_zps338026cd.jpg

How To Use

Again pretty much the same instructions on both

Spray on
Leave to dwell/agitate if needed
Rinse off

RDS states it can be left for up to 5 minutes before rinsing, CP does not state a time. Both say they can be used on a variety of surfaces.

IMAG1487_zpsf8256d3c.jpg
IMAG1488_zpsd94e2897.jpg

The Test

Only had what was to hand so the car is not massively filthy, although it hasn't been washed for a fair few weeks. The car was protected after the last wash so we should be able to see some beading after if these are wax safe.
Citrus Power will be on the left hand side with Rapid Dirt Shifter on the right.

Before

IMAG1477_zpsd8f0f6a5.jpg

IMAG1469_zps2923fee5.jpg

IMAG1470_zps97c4934b.jpg

IMAG1473_zps2a057cbf.jpg
IMAG1478_zpsb73291d1.jpg

IMAG1480_zps6e9b9c38.jpg

Both were sprayed on liberally and the area around the badges agitated with a brush then left to dwell for 4mins.

After Spraying On

IMAG1489_zpsb7ffdeb8.jpg
IMAG1490_zps5ec12a67.jpg

After The Dwell Time

IMAG1504_zps11fd82d3.jpg
IMAG1505_zps28927228.jpg

RDS seems to turn a greeny colour once its been working a while
IMAG1502_zps02a0ddfb.jpg

The back of the car was then rinsed with a pressure washer and I was left with this water behaviour.
RDS

IMAG1508_zpsbe190f0a.jpg

IMAG1506_zps6c04bab2.jpg

Citrus Power

IMAG1509_zps1e5c40e9.jpg

IMAG1507_zps8320f8a2.jpg

Think its safe to say that the wax has not been stripped by either product but the water behaviour did seem to be better on the CP side of the car. Obviously the car is not perfectly clean as it hasn't had a proper wash with a mitt etc so dirt is still hampering the beading.
I then took 2 swipe tests on either side, one from above the badges and a second from the top of the bumper. Again Citrus Power is on the left and RDS on the right.

IMAG1511_zps675df98a.jpg
IMAG1512_zpsae8cfb46.jpg

As you can see both have done a good job of removing the dirt and grime from the paint while maintaining the protection on the car. I couldn't find much to tell the two apart from this test and for the money Rapid Dirt Shifter did a great job. I shall update with sections of the front bumper after another week of rain and lots of night time bug killing and see if that seperates the cheap from the not so cheap.

Hope this has helped people looking for a pre wash in some way.

Thanks for this. I've found similar results. But at a quarter of the price, RDS wins for me. Others have found RDS to have the same effect as 1:1 CP... so it would still work out at half the cost (if you can buy it cheaply, or bought from ASDA when it was £2.25... which I did... x23).

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Brilliant review mate, I was going to do one but rand out of CP the week before getting RDS and the couldn't bring myself to buy any more due to the price difference!

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Great test mate, thanks for taking the time.

I use RDS but its £6 from Asda.