ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Preheating/electronic fault light on

Renault Clio 2002
Hi guys

2Q==

The said warning light is flashing on in my car, It flashes off when I put the clutch in and sometimes it will go off for a while. My mnaual says its either a preheating problem or water in my diesel tank problem. To quote it:

"Preheating indicator light - This light should come on when the ignition key is in position M; it indicates that the heater plugs are functioning. It goes out after preheating is sufficient and the engine can be started.

• Electronic fault/or water present in the diesel warning light - If it comes on while driving, it indicates an electronic fault or that water is present in the fuel. Consult your RENAULT Dealer as soon as possible."

Can anyone tell me if they have had similar experiences and what the problems is? Also how urgent is it that I get it fixed?

Thank you!