ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Preppin paint?

clio 172 phase 2
I bought a cup spoiler but it needs to be resprayed and to save myself some money id like to give preppin it myself .

Just need a few pointers on where to start .

Will i need a da sander ? Or can i just use alot of wet n dry ? If so what grit

172 + 1.2
Dont need a sander, if its painted and in good condition you dont even need sand paper, can just use a scotch pad. However alot of bodyshops might not touch something you've prepped, worth checking before potentially wasting your time!

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I paid £60 for a cup spoiler to be repaired as a tiny bit of one edge has snapped off (I didn't hit it to make it fit, not at all :eek:), prepped and painted. Not worth doing it yourself imo.

inferno 182.
your not going to save yourself any money by prepping it your self! if you prep it and get a pro to paint it and the prep isnt correct you cant blame the painter! then you have to have it done again! jenics about right you can do it for that sort of money! im a pro painter but not a trader on here so i will do it for you for £50 delivered back to you if thats ok with jenic? trying to help a member out here!
I bought a cup spoiler but it needs to be resprayed and to save myself some money id like to give preppin it myself .

Just need a few pointers on where to start .

Will i need a da sander ? Or can i just use alot of wet n dry ? If so what grit