ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

pressed plates

clio 172 sport ph2
i've had a set of pressed plates made up for my 172 which i know are illegal (no postcode or whatever else they need) they look the b****cks.

have much people on here with them been stopped?
if so, outcome?

S3 Sportback, Ninja
I have some on mine and have been stopped and nothing was said about my plates

Astra SRI/ Hornet
I loved the first 2 posts. Pressed plates are ghey, so why look at the f**king thread and post yer helmets.
Talk about asts quick or we will be ousted. LOL

Si

RS Clio 172
i had the on my gti. i was pulled over when i had them on but they didn't say anything about them.

172 cup
love them personally loads better then standard. Had mine on for 6 months never been stopped. The lettering is just legal thow

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Look really good, its funny as I am looking on the net for places that do them legally.

Someone mentioned dubmeisters? Just checked and you have to provide documents etc etc and I am reluctant to post do they accept fax/email does anyone know for past expereicne?

Last edited:
  wait and see ;)
a mates just put them on his saxo and they look mint!! cost him £17 quid of ebay, illegal tho

i have dubmietser ones and i have been pulled over for 'routine checks' they didn't say anything about my plates, they where more concerned that i had decided to take my rear wiper off... :D

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
i have dubmietser ones and i have been pulled over for 'routine checks' they didn't say anything about my plates, they where more concerned that i had decided to take my rear wiper off... :D

rear wiper lol

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Look really good, its funny as I am looking on the net for places that do them legally.

Someone mentioned dubmeisters? Just checked and you have to provide documents etc etc and I am reluctant to post do they accept fax/email does anyone know for past expereicne?

they won't except faxes. They have distributers all over the place so best bet is to find 1 of those. Ask dubmeisters if they have 1 near you.

rear wiper lol
lol yeah they where like
cop 'i see you have taken your rear wiper off'
me 'is it illegal'
cop 'no'
me 'ermm ?'
cop 'any reason to take it off?'
me ' i wanted to'
cop 'okay'

apperently that wasn't the reason they pulled me over, they where just checking for drunk drivers.

Oh and you can get them at carnoisseur , thats where i got mine and because they are legal and not 'show plates' you need to supply all the documents etc, they take about 3 days for them to get to the shop.

Think it all depends on the area you live in mate i.e what the police are like. I've been stopped twice and my plates have no postcode, an illegal badge, and the front one is cut down and the police have never said anything about them.

AK

M240i
Think it all depends on the area you live in mate i.e what the police are like. I've been stopped twice and my plates have no postcode, an illegal badge, and the front one is cut down and the police have never said anything about them.

Out of interest whats the badge you've got on them?

Got a renault one on the rear where the the country flag should go, nothing too in your face but still illegal.