ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pressure washer help

190 BHP Willy 2
Bought a karcher K297 pressure washer with vario lance today from argos. All's good with the hose connected to it BUT................... I've read so much about running it from a large container with soap in to leave "snow" all over the car. Tried this today with disasterous results. its fine for 5 secs then loses all pressure.

I'm dropping a 2 metre length of hosepipe from pressure washer into a 25 litre container of megs wash (i like it as it gives loads of bubbles but contains no wax) and it just doesnt work. Where am i going wrong?????

Scott

Last edited:

Tay

Titanium Clio 182
Make sure that your pump type on that model doesnt require a minimum "in" or feed pressure from the water line going into unit.

i.e it sucks as well as blows oooohh errrr !!!:eek:

This is where my pressure washer let me down as I tried the same 25ltr drum foam trick (Great idea by MrBilly i believe) but would not run without a min feed pressure of 1.5bar i.e. tap water feed.

Was most annoyed !!!!:mad:

Check your destrucions matey ?;)

190 BHP Willy 2
Prob like you said mate, needs more pressure.

I've ordered a gilmour now :approve: Could of bought attachment for karcher but sod it.