ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I need a Pressure Washer!

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Hey.

Since moving out from my rents last year and now having a brand new car i want to try and keep it clean.

My dad had a Karcher pressure washer which did the job that was required but it was old and not the most powerful pressure washer.

So, im after a decent pressure washer that isnt going to break the bank and then a snowfoam lance that is going to be compatible with said jet wash.

What is the best makes to go for and look at ?

Cheers.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I would always suggest Nilfisk just now although the new Karchers seem better than old ones.

Budget?

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
A thread a month or two ago suggested the Karscher K4 premium was good. It was on offer at homebase a little while back and I bought one and it has been pretty good. To be fair its not been miles better than my 2003 Halfords £30 job.
Look into Nilfisk perhaps.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
A thread a month or two ago suggested the Karscher K4 premium was good. It was on offer at homebase a little while back and I bought one and it has been pretty good. To be fair its not been miles better than my 2003 Halfords £30 job.
Look into Nilfisk perhaps.
I have a £30 halfords one and it's bloody brilliant to be fair.

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
I got a nilfisk when it was on a deal in tesco for £30. Phenomenal. I believe they are German. Lovely fixings.

The karcher I had snapped the plastic parts, they contracted and bent when using it. I'd avoid karcher

I like the look of the karcher 7125 at the moment. I've always been used to a decent pressure washer at my dads but when I go to mates and they have the entry level ones they are crap in comparison.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I got a nilfisk when it was on a deal in tesco for £30. Phenomenal. I believe they are German. Lovely fixings.

The karcher I had snapped the plastic parts, they contracted and bent when using it. I'd avoid karcher

£30, bargain

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
My third Karcher (5 ish year old K5.700 with minimum use) broke for the second time this year so I went Nilfisk.

172 sport
Nilfisk get good reviews on dw.
I have a kranzle, it was ny no means cheap, but ive had it 6 years and its never missed a beat. Had it serviced a few times but its an excellent piece of kit.

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
Go for a Nilfisk C130 like this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B006UCKWAA/?tag=cliospnet01-21
(you'll probably find it cheaper elsewhere)

I had a C110 model before, and it was great. Upgraded to the C130 and the difference was massive. Much improved snowfoam, better cleaning all round really.

I got mine from Machine Mart with the patio cleaner, drain unblock kit and some other accessories.

Then a foam lance from your favourite detailing supplier (I would recommend @domplatts from ShopnShine.co.uk personally - He's a new trader on CS)

All for well under your £200 budget (enough left over to buy some snowfoam too)

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Yeh, have a look back in this section mate, there was a thread not too long back exactly the same as this one.

I've got a C110 that I bought ages ago when it was on offer somewhere. Still going strong now, can't fault it.

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Go for a Nilfisk C130 like this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B006UCKWAA/?tag=cliospnet01-21
(you'll probably find it cheaper elsewhere)

I had a C110 model before, and it was great. Upgraded to the C130 and the difference was massive. Much improved snowfoam, better cleaning all round really.

I got mine from Machine Mart with the patio cleaner, drain unblock kit and some other accessories.

Then a foam lance from your favourite detailing supplier (I would recommend @domplatts from ShopnShine.co.uk personally - He's a new trader on CS)

All for well under your £200 budget (enough left over to buy some snowfoam too)
Cheers. I do like the look of that one and it has good reviews.

Looks like Nilfisk is the one to go for now. I'll see if I can find a deal on the C130 :))

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Right, after a quick search of the Nilfisk C130 it comes up Amazon as the cheapest for a new one at £150 - http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B006UCKWAA/?tag=cliospnet01-21

Anyone know any other retailers who have it cheaper or know any discount codes to get it cheaper.

Also, snow foam lances. A quick Google and an Auto Bright one comes up for the Nilfisk - http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00HYY0QJK/?tag=cliospnet01-21

So then it comes to snow foam itself. Few looks on DW and piston heads and people talk about Chemical Guys No Touch. Does anyone use this? People have said its caustic and causes damage to door seals and plastics? Is this true. Is this an issue when choosing snow foam?

I'm literally a noob when it comes to this. :(

Cheers, Sam.

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
I've got a Nilfisk with an AB lance, works very well.
Had the washer for 2 years and it's still ace, used it at the weekend.

I have used Avalanche and Magifoam. Both worked well, I preferred Magifoam though.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
I've got a Nilfisk C110 and AB HD lance. Only ever used Magifoam so can't comment on other foams but works well for me.

malcolmgt

ClioSport Club Member
  MK Golf GTI
Bump of an old thread!
Bought the Nilfisk C130 after the reviews on here, its great!
What foam do people use in the bottle, I have no idea when it comes to cleaning products to us.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Bump of an old thread!
Bought the Nilfisk C130 after the reviews on here, its great!
What foam do people use in the bottle, I have no idea when it comes to cleaning products to us.

As above the chemical bottle that comes with the Nilfisk is pretty s**t.

Buy a proper snow foam lance and get yourself some decent snow foam. I use ValetPro stuff but Auto finesse Avalanche is pretty decent too.