ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pressure Washers - What's the Best Current Model?

Clio V6
I literally can't wait till tomorrow as we're moving to our new house in Devon, the main reason being that it has an outside tap :)

The first thing I'll be getting is a decent pressure washer with snow foam lance but the big question is which one?

Any tips on units around the £250 mark would be appreciated please. I'll hopefully be able to pick up a good deal in the New Year sales :cool:

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
IIRC the Nilsfik (sp?) ones have metal impellers and are generally highly rated compared to the Karcher ones which have plastic impellers !?

Seems a mental amount of money to spend on a PW to me though Charles :eek:

My £30 Halfords one was fine for a few years ! The unbranded small cheap looking green one I stole/borrow/use from my Landlord's garage is spot on too.

Last edited:

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I've got a nilfisk. Bought after my 2nd karcher broke. Was 79.99 from screwfix. Brilliant piece of kit. 250 quid is way too much to spend.

Clio V6
Nilfisk FTW then by the sound of it, cheers guys. Well under my budget too as well so will spend the rest at CMC.com :)

It take it they're good for snow foaming?

Fiesta ST-2 Finsport
Nilfisk with 120-130 bar. Around the £150 mark will last. And look at detailing world, autobrite direct section for their deal on foam lance. It won't be beaten!

Chris

As has already been mentioned, the Nilfisk. Reason being Karcher have plastic impellers, Nilfisk have metal impellers, so are less likely to break.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
at what price point do the Karchers become comparable again? I though the more expensive karchers used metal parts also?

ITB BG 182
The higher range Karchers of £300+ start to have the mental impellers, I know some one who had one and it still broke. He now has a Nilfisk thats been working fine for the past 2 years.

I used to have expensive Karchers and they just kept breaking down, the parts to fix it was almost as much as the washer itself, now I have a Nilfisk

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
That's the thing, I took my karcher to be repaired and bloke said for the cost of part alone I may as well buy a new one. So I abandoned karcher for good and went for nilfisk. Even the gun is better as it swivels round 360degrees. :)

Clio 197 Cup
have a look on "karcher outlet",you can get some of there units for virtually half price and sometimes better and all because these are the units they've pulled out of a big batch for a 2 hour quality control test,they also still come with a full karcher warrenty...

i'm going to get one after christmas

Audi TT 225
As above, Nilfisk all the way, you could consider a petrol one but IMO that's overkill, better to buy something for around £100 and get a decent lance and some good cleaning gear to go with it :)

Golf GT & A4 Avant
My C110 has just started to struggle to maintain its pressure when 1st switched on since the weather turned. Still works and has lasted 2 maybe 3 years so far

The Autobrite lance is good, Colin. Just select the Nilfisk option from the drop down list at checkout.

jamier27

ClioSport Club Member
  T5, Ariel Atom 300
I also got the nilfisk e130 and bought snowfoam lance bundle.

PW was in sale in Argos at £179.99 so £50 less than it is now.....

Great pressure washer with long hose but as a few have said on other threads its a plastic hose so could do with being upgraded to something that doesn't remember it's shape when you unravel it.

An orange one
Picked up my nilfisk P150.2 today and just about to test it out but seems a great bit of kit and very powerful!

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
I bought one of these http://www.cleanstore.co.uk/products/Product.asp?ID=7646
I haven't used it yet but it's a hell of a saving!

After seeing this, I too bought one - it arrived today, but cleanstore have signed the piece of paper that confirms what contents are in the box, but haven't actually put all the contents in the box, so I have no powerspeed nozzle and I don't have the adaptor that screws on so that I can connect the hosepipe to the pressure washer - guess that's what you get when you go for the cheap refurb option.

An orange one
Yep, plug into a electric socket, connect a hoselock fitting on a garden hose, and away you go!

i love mine!

Darryl_1983

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
I brought the C110 from Argos last week for £60 (same as the refurbed model linked above). It's excellent, glad i didn't spend any more on a more expensive model as it plenty powerful enough for washing the car with. Though these are generally pretty reliable i reckon its worth the extra £30 for the 2 year warranty over the 6 month that comes with the refurbed, and i don't like waiting for things once i've decided to buy, so being able to pick it up on the way home from work was great.

Just need to get a snow foam lance and some additional products now.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
That centennial one is the one I got today.

It's superb.

The detergent attachment works really well with snow foam solution on it.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Is it that exact model you got mate? Any bad points?

Yeah the centennial is the exact one I got mate.

Only used it to wash the wife's car yesterday and it worked superbly.

I was a bit concerned that it wouldn't be powerful enough but I certainly needn't of worried. It's more than powerful enough.

I'm going to tackle our patio next weekend and I'm confident it will do the business.

2001 Clio 172
Yeah the centennial is the exact one I got mate.

Only used it to wash the wife's car yesterday and it worked superbly.

I was a bit concerned that it wouldn't be powerful enough but I certainly needn't of worried. It's more than powerful enough.

I'm going to tackle our patio next weekend and I'm confident it will do the business.

I see the hose is on a wheel. Is the power cable nice and tidy when wrapped up? Hard to see on the picture.