ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pressure washers?

I want to purchase one of these but there are loads of different pressure types. Obviously I want enough pressure to blast the grit off but dont want it to harsh that it would start blasting paint off!! lol
I only want this as my pre wash and final rinse not bothered by all the accessories shampoo etc...
What pressure do I want?

Cheers

Rob.

Clio Trophy 79/500
get a hot washer.

But, where you from? If you in the south east, what with all the hose pipe bans would buying a washer be worth it?

182_blue said:
how much you looking at spending ?

Dont really know mate to be honest not to much!?!
In Halfords they have a whole different range of pressure types.. Like I said I only want it for the water pressure not all the extras that come with some of them.
Of the top of my head I cant remember what pressures are available but would I be dissapointed with the cheapest option the one with the least amount of pressure, or should I aim for some middle ground??
At the minute I use a hose with an attachment on the end to change the way the water comes out mist etc... It just isnt strong enough to blast the dirt away! All in the name of reducing the swirl marks!!

Rob.

ducks butts said:
get a hot washer.

But, where you from? If you in the south east, what with all the hose pipe bans would buying a washer be worth it?

Good point there ducks butts I am in the south east.... The ban cant last forever though, could it?!

Whats a hot washer?

Clio Trophy 79/500
Just heats up the water. I think its better for getting off grease/tar etc and you can clean the engine with it too. Although your probably looking at about £300+ for a decent one.
Nothing beats a bucket of rain water, i find it doesn't streak or leave residue.

I remember when i was little living through a hosepipe ban in the middle of summer. No water fights etc..... but now no car washing....ARRRGHHHHH

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
They're all roughly about the same pressure , usually around the 120bar mark .
I use a Karcher to wash off the loose dirt first , then shampoo it , then wash the shampoo off , shampoo again and then carry on by hand with the 2 bucket method and lambswool mitt etc......

Lots of choice out there so you don't need to spends loads . Alot of it has to do with the lance your using . I use a vario lance , low - high pressure .

MRBILLYUK said:
I use a Karcher to wash off the loose dirt first , then shampoo it , then wash the shampoo off , shampoo again and then carry on by hand with the 2 bucket method and lambswool mitt etc......

Thats basically the route I wish to take in cleaning the car coz mine is black Ive aquired a shed load of swirls And Im pretty sure its coz I cant get most of the loose dirt of with just the hose...

Cheers

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
rwaterman said:
MRBILLYUK said:

Thats basically the route I wish to take in cleaning the car coz mine is black Ive aquired a shed load of swirls And Im pretty sure its coz I cant get most of the loose dirt of with just the hose...

Cheers

You can get em with a built in detergent bottle or like the one i have the detergent bottle fixes onto the lance . Covers the car in lovely suds :)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Karcher-Detergent-Gun_W0QQitemZ8050364017QQcategoryZ72201QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Iain C

ClioSport Club Member
i got a cheep 1 from B&Q about 3 years ago...they die after 10 months so i just take em back and geta new 1.
On my 3rd now.
£50 job done.
When using it leave it on the widest stream and dont get 2 close to the car.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
^^^^ What if it dies after 13 months , lol ^^^^

Had my Karcher 8 years now , never had a probelm with it so far ( touch wood ) ;)