ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pretty Please Help! my revs are going mental!!!

CTR EK9 turbo

Hello everyone. I did a search on here to find out whether anyone had problems with "sticky" throttle. Not only is my throttle sticking at 2000 rpm, but its going up and down between 1000 and 2000 rpm. Can anyone tell me what my car is saying to me? Ta very much

GR7

Shiny red R32

Simon, is this when the car is idling? I had a similar problem with an XR2i a few years ago and it was something to do with the engine management system and it cost me about £80 at the time from Ford! Robbers!

CTR EK9 turbo

GR - yeah, its when im sat idling and does it when im going real slow in first gear, sometimes holds at 2000 rpm and then dips up and down from 1000 to 2000.

ive the same problem on my 1.4 rt ive tryed just about everything i can think of. someone told me it mite be the lamber probe on the down pipe is dirty. but ive not got round to having a look yet

Yes I also get the same poblem with my 1.4 RT too.

it normally only happens when I just start the engine - it idles at anything up to 3000, and whenever I stop at lights etc its staying at around 1500-2000 same as u guys.

I was told its just the idle cntrol valve clogging and needs some WD40 spraying, but I dont know where it is as it seems to be a mess of wires down there!

CTR EK9 turbo

its bloody annoying, especially when parking, everyone looks at you as if to say: " you cant drive, loser! " , but it is handy for off the lights launches!

i dont know were that idle valve is either the only on i can think of is the one that the the haynes manual say is the idea control valve is the litte plastic square jobby on the top of the bulk head at the left hand side of the engine bay but you cant get into this as it is a seald unit

hmmm i had this problem ages ago, was told it could be the lama, idle speed control valve, zaust baffles, downpipe, ecu - erm, the list went on and on and on.

turnbedinto violent lurching and finally banging.

so its new engine time.

Ray

Simon,

My clio has just come back from Lookers (for the second time!!)because I had the same problem (mine was revving right up to 4000 though!. They replaced the idle valve under warranty (twice) but it still isnt right, It sometimes gets stuck and just takes a blip of the throttle to calm it down.

Simon,

My clio has just come back from Lookers (for the second time!!)because I had the same problem (mine was revving right up to 4000 though!. They replaced the idle valve under warranty (twice) but it still isnt right, It sometimes gets stuck and just takes a blip of the throttle to calm it down.