ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Price of 182s :(

If you paid £7k last year then you were on crack.

Prices drop. That's how things go. There's a new model now too which always makes things worse.

However that link is excessively cheap.

clio 182
Im tryin to sell mine for 4800 looks like ive got bob hope!!

Think its the type of car at the min, everyone panicking about the credit crunch, fuel prices and buying diesels, They dont realise that with the loss they make on their own car plus the inflated price of economical cars plus the additional cost of diesel, they prob would take years to make the money back!!

172 Ph2, Mk1 MX5 1.8
That's insanely underpriced if its a legit half decent car, I wouldnt read too much into it, could be a scam or typo ?

Titanium 182
Bugger me, I'm going to go view that I think. Not the colour I want but for that price I couldn't say no.

Mondeo TDCI 130
^ But then i spotted a SKoda Fabia VRS for sale locally that was hugely underpriced!!! Belongd to a lady, 30K with skoda history, was up for £3500! I looked on the net and everything similisr was 5-6K!

Sometimes people don't know the value of things!

Titanium 182
I've emailed the seller requesting a viewing, I know what I'm looking for so will report back my findings lol.

KMB

Clio 200 Cup
Yes sometimes people get a trade in quote and it's obscene, they then place in the paper at a few hundred £ more, I once got a 2 year old Accord Type R for £7.5k due to this reason :lol:

182 FF Inferno
One in the op sounds suspect. Way too cheap, but as has been said prices drop.

I paid 6k for my 182 back in october 2008 which was a good price at the time. If I was looking at selling now (I'm not, just purchased 1st house), I'd prob have it up for 4.5k maybe accept 4k.

edit: just to add, a garage down here has an 04 182, no cup packs, 50k, up for 6k

Titanium 182
Gotta lol..

"

Hi,

The car is still available for sale,it is in perfect condition in and out,100% HPI clear with a certificate to confirm,full service history.
I just got married and moved with my Spanish husband in Madrid,Spain.I took the car with me so the car is currently here.
I can`t use it in Spain because it has the wheel on the right side and it would also cost me too much to register it here.
It is still registered in the UK and since I have absolutely no use for it I am looking for a fast sale( this is why the low asking price)
I can ship the car from here directly to your home address and I am also willing to cover all delivery expenses.
I look forward to your reply
Regards
Christine

"

Have reported it to PH.

PMSL @ that scam!

Reason a lot of Clio prices are going down is because a lot of people listen to the plonkers on here who constantly want to de-value them. I can't understand why people who own Clios want to drag the price of them down so much.

EDIT: Beaten to it by Warren.

Da

Less
I 'sold' mine late last year for close to £7K...loads of sheds out there bringing prices down ;)

172 Ph2, Mk1 MX5 1.8
ROFL, theres your answer then.

Rule of thumb: If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
PMSL @ that scam!

Reason a lot of Clio prices are going down is because a lot of people listen to the plonkers on here who constantly want to de-value them. I can't understand why people who own Clios want to drag the price of them down so much.

EDIT: Beaten to it by Warren.
It's laughable when you see older pug 306's on higher miles up at more cash than 172's.

Titanium 182
If you look the cheap ones "tend" to be just that, cheap poor examples. I sold my mint as fook 182 last year for £6300 and I'm expecting to pay about £5000+ for a decent one now. The one above was stupid cheap but as it was advertised as close to me was worth a punt ey ;)

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
I spent £7k on a 182, that was the going rate of Trophy's. I actually got a reasonable deal as all the ones up were about £7k, mine was the cheapest I looked at.

Fiesta STripes
Gotta lol..

"

Hi,

The car is still available for sale,it is in perfect condition in and out,100% HPI clear with a certificate to confirm,full service history.
I just got married and moved with my Spanish husband in Madrid,Spain.I took the car with me so the car is currently here.
I can`t use it in Spain because it has the wheel on the right side and it would also cost me too much to register it here.
It is still registered in the UK and since I have absolutely no use for it I am looking for a fast sale( this is why the low asking price)
I can ship the car from here directly to your home address and I am also willing to cover all delivery expenses.
I look forward to your reply
Regards
Christine

"

Have reported it to PH.

george-mouse-mat.gif

I wonder how people actually fall for this!

Nimbus 197, Ph1 172
Saw a tv programme the other day, some woman found an 08' plate Nissan Qashqai for 5k, top spec, 2.0, Nav, leather etc etc. We'd sell that at our dealer for 12k+ all day long. She got the same e-mail as the above posted one, and went for it! She seemed really annoyed that she'd been scammed. If a car is 7k less than forecourt value, alarm bells should start ringing, no?

Saw a tv programme the other day, some woman found an 08' plate Nissan Qashqai for 5k, top spec, 2.0, Nav, leather etc etc. We'd sell that at our dealer for 12k+ all day long. She got the same e-mail as the above posted one, and went for it! She seemed really annoyed that she'd been scammed. If a car is 7k less than forecourt value, alarm bells should start ringing, no?
some people arent as knowledgeable as others when it comes to these things regardless of how apparent it is.

M3 SMG
I paid 7k for mine end of last year, it was not the most expensive one on sale by a long shot.

Cheapest 197 I could find was marlins 9k and that was for one that had done 60 or 70k and wasn't a mint example.

I own an immaculate 182 now which has only done 35k and is simply dent scratch and stonechip free. I won't get a car like that for cheap. I could of spent less, not got a liquid yellow one and always be tempted to spend money getting it up to scratch etc. I just got doing that to my e46 M3 and it's a waste of cash.