ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Prima racing uprated exhaust mount

Got mine today. Very good service. It still smells of paint. Freshly made?

I got mine yesterday - was still wet too.. The fumes were nice ;)

Prima are having to hand make them all - that's why they're taking a while. Well worth it for the kit

Now to those "£35 is a rip off just make one people" - seriously!!

Prima buy a standard mount and take the crap bush out - so that's £15. Then they fit a proper bit of polyurethane professionally drilled for the exhaust. This is bonded in with window bonding agent. Then the whole thing is painted black to stop it corroding

All that for £35? Bargain in my eyes

Considering I've had 2 standard mounts already this year and both have fallen apart in months - so that's £25 I'll never get back - and this thing looks like it will last forever

Yes you can wedge some sockets in - but that's an awful solution
Yes you could buy a £15 bit of generic powerflex rubber and cut a new hole in it and cable tie it in - But that cut will split eventually or a cable tie will snap and it'll fall out.
For the price of a few pints of beer - do it properly ;)

Impreza Wagon
I think I'm going to order some of these as both my mounts are sagging. Any issues with the exhaust not lining up well once fitted?

Megane 225 F1
Just fitted it. Easy to do. Even for a mechanical f**k up like my. First impressions? Brilliant. No banging under hard gear changes and there is certainly no extra vibration through the car. As Fuzzy has said, this is a bargain at £35.

Some pics.

Old:

IMG_20110518_121328.jpg

New fitted:

IMG_20110518_121309.jpg

IMG_20110518_121240.jpg

Rusty bolts FTL.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I get bored with ghetto mods, I'd rather repair it properly

Ghetto hey, thanks for the constructive comment. I think you'll find it'll last just as long

I got mine yesterday - was still wet too.. The fumes were nice ;)

Prima are having to hand make them all - that's why they're taking a while. Well worth it for the kit

Now to those "£35 is a rip off just make one people" - seriously!!

Prima buy a standard mount and take the crap bush out - so that's £15. Then they fit a proper bit of polyurethane professionally drilled for the exhaust. This is bonded in with window bonding agent. Then the whole thing is painted black to stop it corroding

All that for £35? Bargain in my eyes

Considering I've had 2 standard mounts already this year and both have fallen apart in months - so that's £25 I'll never get back - and this thing looks like it will last forever

Yes you can wedge some sockets in - but that's an awful solution
Yes you could buy a £15 bit of generic powerflex rubber and cut a new hole in it and cable tie it in - But that cut will split eventually or a cable tie will snap and it'll fall out.
For the price of a few pints of beer - do it properly ;)

yes seriously, not exactly rocket science is it. No harm in trying to do it yourself.
The hole has as much chance of splitting as those in the Prima mount.
as said in the original thread, the cable ties are not needed, but are there just in case. Just because Prima supply it, that makes it proper?

I already knew about and had seen the Prima mounts. I still think they are overpriced, but I'm not saying don't by them, I gave people another option to try should they wish. No need to bad mouth my work or ideas.

I also point you in the direction of Freds comments about the mount being too stiff.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Dave, I appreciate you're clearly proud of your work, but not everyone wants to bodge a solution (mines already been bodged, and it broke)

f**king sick of laying underneath my car :p

Clio 172 Phase 1
Now now lads chill out ;)

To be fair I think these mounts are good for the money considering they are hand made etc. and if they last as long as they look like they will, it's gunna save people a fair wedge of cash replacing the sh*tty standard mounts all the time.

I had my mount replaced a month ago (exhaust place replaced it with standard mount without telling me! lol) and I can see it sagging slightly already so... think I may order one of these!

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
I also point you in the direction of Freds comments about the mount being too stiff.

what is it with this place and fred being god? just because your too tight to buy one why piss on other peoples parade?

koi

Audi S1
Grr replaced my exhaust mounts 6 months ago and already sagging and the rubber is starting to split. Tried taking it off so I could fill it will some silicone but ended up snapping 2 of the bolts! Is there anywhere I can get the a new plate where the mounts bolt onto? And new bolts.

Should of bought these mounts instead :(

LY R26 230 F1 Team
Dave, I appreciate you're clearly proud of your work, but not everyone wants to bodge a solution (mines already been bodged, and it broke)

f**king sick of laying underneath my car :p

Completely agree, I don't bodge on my cars and people who bodge silly things like this that cost a few quid? Makes you wonder what else they've bodged...

clio 172 mk2, BMW X3
Hi well I have just paid for my rear bracket from Prima , and ordered a Centre Exhaust Hanger from K-TEC, has anyone had any problems with fitting these yet.

172cup/ insignia
how much did you pay for postsage as depends on postage iv got enough to get tax and the mount this week

cheers Lee

SEAT Ibiza SC FR
Sod paying for one of these. I made my own with a PowerFlex bush, a stanley knife to cut out the old one, a g-clamp to push the new one in and some big zip-ties to make sure it'll never move.

225 Cup & Williams
Received and fitted mine yesterday really good product. Before with the old Renault mount the back box sat really low and knocked it's tits of the rear beam now it's hidden nicely under the bumper and there are no knocks whatsoever. Very impressed. :D

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
what consistantcy polyurethane do they use in the middle of these mounts?

does anyone know??

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Ollie has has some issues with his, not been on the car long and the mount is rubbing through causing the mount hole to elongate.

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
wish id tryed the prima ones only gone n ordered the oem ones ffs. no doubt gonna be s**t 6 months down the line with the weight of the yozza hey ho win some you lose some will order the prima ones next time. :eek:

Megane 225 F1
It was making the exhaust so high that somewhere it was sagging at the mani end, which then would bounce and knock on (subframe maybe) when going over a bump.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
hmmmm, odd because iv got a slight knocking coming from the front and i suspected top mount, took it to my mates garage and put it on the ramp and checked everything obvious and couldnt see anything that would cause the knock so im wondering if mine is maybe doing the same? its nothing major just a bit annoying on especially over cobbles.

172 cup, Impreza P1
If it is too stiff the 4 outer holes could be driller to a larger size making it less stiff.

Thats what I'll be doing anyway.

Clio 172 Phase 1
Old thread but.. just got my mount today and I have to say it does seem rock hard, almost thought it was a bit of wood in it lol! Also the paint finish is well, s**t to be honest, looks like normal aerosols have been used and its all blotchy, can see the silver metal underneath. Hopefully worth the money but still a bit miffed!