ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Primes, couldn't live without them...

For the doubters, a couple of snaps from earlier, try and do this with your zooms.... :clown:

2311387142_5308ba0af6_o.jpg

2310578753_c7e9eb7b63_o.jpg

yes I realise you could do it with a f/2.8 and ISO 3200 but I don't have that :rasp:

B

Brown.

would help the laymens if you could explain that you have not had to use flash or tripod....as prime lens have massive max apatures......... compared to wide angle zoom lens

LY 182 FF CUPPED
my 80 - 200 mm.F2.8 and my 35 - 70 mm f2.8 could do that.
A nikon d3 with a f5.6 zoom could do that

my 80 - 200 mm.F2.8 and my 35 - 70 mm f2.8 could do that.
A nikon d3 with a f5.6 zoom could do that

Very true, as stated at the bottom, and yup ISO 6400 or 12800 whatever the D3 can do is all good but at 5x the total cost of the rig I was using without a lens hmmmmm

And yup was the 85 f/1.8, great peice of kit, shame all the d40 users will never get to feel the full advantage of primes ;)

Has anyone you know ever looked at an image and said, oooo thats noisy I don't like it?

Saying that ISO 1600 on an underxposed shot on a 350D makes me cringe lol

Thats because your/were amateur shooters who nit pick and pixel peep (well I do anyway), I've never had a freind or family comment on the noise in an image, the content is far more important, better to have noise and a picture than a clean blurry mess IMO.. in an ideal world those pictures would be cleaner and they will when I get Neat Image 'working' but my point is, primes and high ISO make these kind of shots possible for those who buy slow zooms and wonder why they get black blurry images...

apologies for the ramble lol, 5 minute rule meant I couldn't edit it down :mad:, i'm just having a moment of justification for all the spending i've done lol :eek:

Loved my 50mm so much I felt it was worth the risk getting a bigger prime (300mm f4) and I love that as well. Could never understand it before, but now I have one I couldn't be without it.

So much more fun being limited in terms of range, really makes you think about the photo you are taking.

Loved my 50mm so much I felt it was worth the risk getting a bigger prime (300mm f4) and I love that as well. Could never understand it before, but now I have one I couldn't be without it.

So much more fun being limited in terms of range, really makes you think about the photo you are taking.

mmm a 300 or 400 would be very nice, after the 40D though and Lee filters, walk around lens and macro :clown: