ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Private online photo portfolios

Anyone got one? Can i have a look? Thinking i might build one to store all my nice edited pics and thought i would look at some examples first!!

Suzuki Ignis
Carbonmade + Smugmug are nicely presented. Not your own but still better than Flickr.

Fiat Panda 100hp
Oh do you mean on your own domain etc? As I thought you meant to the public can't see them.

Oh do you mean on your own domain etc? As I thought you meant to the public can't see them.

Yes on your own domain!! Rather than having photos hosted on picasa or flickr! (ok for general everyday images, but i think your best images look good on a personal site!)

Suzuki Ignis
You can have 'www.*insertnamehere*.carbonmade/smugmug.com' but there is limited space unless you pay.

Smugmug I think its much better for selling prints and ordering books etc. but you only have a 14 day trial until you need to pay.

Oil Burner
It is possible to change your smugmug account to www.yourname.com You just need to buy a domain from one of their list, and they take care of the rest.

I have a pro smugmug account and its excellent.

Its a customised version of simpleviewer.
Yeh its easy to upload photos, I do it via dreamweaver. But you can do via FTP too.

I know NOTHING about web design, but I understand the basics :)

I just wanted something thats VERY simple to use, and nothing flashy with silly animations or any of that bollox. Just nice and simple.

Citroen DS3 DSport
Anyone used Zenfolio? I'd like something a bit more visitor friendly and pleasing to look at than Flickr. Had a look at ready made gallery packages (Coppermine, Gallery2) for use on my own domain and web space but they did not appeal to me.

http://www.zenfolio.com/

Trophy #267
www.danfreemanphotography.com

Thats mine. Costs ~£30 a year to host, and I made it myself (with a bit of help ;))

thats really good. I have been thinking of doing something similar but assumed id have to make copies of all the images in a lower res. I assume you just upload images into the various folders (automotive, floral etc) and the code (what language or just pure html, did somethink a bit similar in php b4) generates it as flash stopping the pikeys from right mouse and saving.

If ok, may i have a mooch as your code ?

Mk2 ph1 clio
Its a customised version of simpleviewer.
Yeh its easy to upload photos, I do it via dreamweaver. But you can do via FTP too.

I know NOTHING about web design, but I understand the basics :)

I just wanted something thats VERY simple to use, and nothing flashy with silly animations or any of that bollox. Just nice and simple.

Im quite ibterested in a site like that, its very simple, looks professional and would suit my needs for sure!

any other details on how to set it up? Im quite tempted! PM them if you like.

Thanks for the interest in my site, tbh I don't think I can be too helpful in how it was setup because I did it with A LOT of help about 2 years ago, and Ive forgotten a lot lol!

All I know is how to update and add new photos, which as said above, I just place them in a folder for each section ie. floral, landscapes etc

If you ask more specific questions I MIGHT be able to answer them. :)

Trophy #267
@geordieclio

Depending on what you know and understand. (may be noobish apols if so) You need
1) Some kind of server which hosts the html and pictures you want to share. Basic hosting packages can be got for not much money, or you may JUST about be able to host via your isp but bandwidth isnt going to be great and it requires a server on 24/7.
2) a domain (as already discussed here) ie www.itakegoodpics.com. again these are fairly cheap (around 10 quid per year) and you tell who-ever (edit lol @ censoring) is hosting your files what domain you own and it links traffic to your domain to your website.

Specifically at the simpleviewer site(s). I have found http://www.eos4you.com/simpleviewer/breezebrowser.html#examples which is the same viewer and seems to use java. It seems to involve creating some kind of gallery in a paint package which is then uploaded to your site along with the pics.
Might be playing with this later

Just added this one to my site http://piwigo.org/

Not really done alot on it (default theme etc) but it seems okay, you do need a MySQL database aswell though. Then you just upload the images, run through the synchronise and it generates everything for you (thumbnails, sub categories etc).

Here's the link to mine, it's still nowhere near finished and i also need to take some decent photos first aswell.

http://www.adamio.co.uk/piwigo/

I also wish i'd set the directory to be 'photography' instead of the default 'piwigo'. Might just remove it all and start again now i've got more idea how it works.

E87 118d M Sport
dan, i should be getting my car back from the bodyshop tomoro evening, so i will give you a pm/tex about the detail if she needs it! (and it eventually stops raining lol)

cant wait to get her back. you up for round 2 (or 4 techincally) in a new location?

Trophy #267
had a busy day at work :D

http://datasheets.med-lab.co.uk/test/index.html

for some reason it really doesnt like like images - hence missing thumbnails. Thats setup using the newest simpleviewer template and buildgallery.php
the only differences with that and dans site are the multiple gallery links and misc stuff such as colours and picture sizing

dan, i should be getting my car back from the bodyshop tomoro evening, so i will give you a pm/tex about the detail if she needs it! (and it eventually stops raining lol)

cant wait to get her back. you up for round 2 (or 4 techincally) in a new location?

ok m8. Im in Jordan at the moment, best to PM me as I can receive them on my work phone :)

Hope it looks good!!

Mk2 ph1 clio
Cheers wolf! I have a basic understanding of HTML but the likes of flash and java... im lost!

I'll look into it a bit further! .. im not after much, just a dead basic site!

Trophy #267
you dont have to tbh, the main index.html is very plain and just sets a few colours, there is a php script which can be run which adds thumbnails for all your images, sets rows / columns of thumbs and location and sets wize limits of main pic.
Assuming your server is running php its very easy and i setup a basic working site in a few hours yesterday and im no wizard. The java script and swf loader does the rest without needing to be altered.

Let me know if u want to try it and if u need a hand