ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Private plate dilema

I have just verbally agreed on £2.8k for my Clio14rt. However the lad buying it isnt having the private plate as its the g/fs. Now obviously he will want to drive away with the car as soon as poss. However i cant sell it with out the updated V5. Which has to be sent to swansea (why the f**k swansea?) & the f**king sheep shaggers have said it may take up to 6 weeks to get it back. This may very well screw up my sale.

Any ideas guys an gals?

DISCLAIMER:- NO DISRESPECT TO ANY NICE MEMBERS FROM WALES OR SWANSEA, AS IM SURE YOUR VERY NICE AND DONT SHAG SHEEP!!!

My sister sold her car with the private reg, just got the buyer to sign something to say that the reg number belongs to you. I know other mates who have done this aswell.

I normally take the V5 direct to DVLA office ( Nottingham for me) and you normally get it back in 2 weeks, then pass on the V5 form to the buyer.

This way as soon as you have been to the DVLA the old plates need to go on the car. As long as the new owner has a proof of purchase from you there no problem