ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pro race LT

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Happened to come across these on Demon tweets in Clio fitment, they are around £100 more expensive than 1.2’s and only weigh 6.04kg, seems a no brainer for those looking for cheap light wheels.

I’ve been waiting 6 months for Rimstock to provide me with 1.2’s so might change the order to these if they have stock.

Anyone have any experience with them as they are fairly new to the consumer market I believe.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Having spoken to Rimstock to chase up my 1.2’s they were adamant that these whernt their wheels although that video above clearly shows them filming at their factory…. Very confused

Last edited:

scotiamr2t

ClioSport Club Member
  Mazda 2, Ph1 172
Having spoken to Rimstock to chase up my 1.2’s they were adamant that these whernt their wheels although that video above clearly shows them filming at their factory…. Very confused
I was in the same boat as you. It seems from speaking to rimstock, they make the old pro race 1.2’s (or claim they are in production at least).

Yet team dynamics are who make the new pro race LT wheel.

so 2 separate companies.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
I was in the same boat as you. It seems from speaking to rimstock, they make the old pro race 1.2’s (or claim they are in production at least).

Yet team dynamics are who make the new pro race LT wheel.

so 2 separate companies.

I was always under the impression they were one in the same company, seems strange that they are both selling wheels with the same brand name as such though.

So we think Team Dynamics up until now have got Rimstock to produce wheels with their name on it, however very recently they have decided to produce their own.. if like me they have been waiting for Rimstock to actually do something over the last 6 months they have probably got abit fucked off waiting and started to go their own way perhaps.

scotiamr2t

ClioSport Club Member
  Mazda 2, Ph1 172
@Greeny. They have always been 2 separate companies, but rimstock made wheels branded team dynamics.

Now after rimstock was bought over, Team dynamics have brought out there own “pro race” wheel! All very confusing. Rimstock suggested legal action is afoot, but who knows.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Either way their customer service is utter shite and the after sales/warranty even worse I can tell you that from personal experience would never buy any of there wheels again!

Same with the productl qualiity I would go speedline again thou without hesitation I have purchased wheels direct from them both over the years.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Either way their customer service is utter shite and the after sales/warranty even worse I can tell you that from personal experience would never buy any of there wheels again!

Same with the productl qualiity I would go speedline again thou without hesitation I have purchased wheels direct from them both over the years.

Rimstock mentioned that they have installed a load of machines to produce all their wheels and part of the many delays I’m having is due to the pro race 1.2’s program not being loaded and that they were in two minds if they would actually provide them anymore?! Surely they must be up there with their best selling wheels.

I would go Speedline but 2118’s which I love are around £200 more and are just so heavy, bang for buck 1.2’s are still king and being that these wheels will get used probably 4/5 times a year on track they suit me fine, I’m just enjoying the waiting… tempted by the LT’s but put off by the spigot ring requirements so prefer the direct to hub 1.2 fitment and the cheaper price of course. Managed to get some money off my order by having a moan and now I just play the waiting game.

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
I think they look really nice, whats the lead time from team dynamics?

Can you cancel your first other (6months is a piss take) and place an order for the new wheels? I think they look nicer than the old 1.2's too.

Confusing mess with the branding though :ROFLMAO:

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
I think they look really nice, whats the lead time from team dynamics?

Can you cancel your first other (6months is a piss take) and place an order for the new wheels? I think they look nicer than the old 1.2's too.

Confusing mess with the branding though :ROFLMAO:

6 months so far.. they couldn’t give me a date for completion at present. The LT’s are in stock at demon tweeks but not in white and not in the ET I want but as they aren’t direct to hub fitment that puts me off slightly, they are also very slightly lighter than 1.2’s and yeh they look decent but are £200 more than I’m paying so ill wait another 2 months and see where I am I guess?!

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
6 months so far.. they couldn’t give me a date for completion at present. The LT’s are in stock at demon tweeks but not in white and not in the ET I want but as they aren’t direct to hub fitment that puts me off slightly, they are also very slightly lighter than 1.2’s and yeh they look decent but are £200 more than I’m paying so ill wait another 2 months and see where I am I guess?!
6months is mad.

You could have bought a used set and had them fully refurbished in the colour you want for the same money I guess?

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
6months is mad.

You could have bought a used set and had them fully refurbished in the colour you want for the same money I guess?

Only place local to me is about £100 a wheel so would have worked out a lot more expensive that way, I’m in no massive rush for them (obviously lol) but would actually like to receive them at some point…

G. Brzęczyszczykiewicz

CSF Harvester
ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Well don't lose the ones that come with them then 😝
I nearly lost mine when I changed my brake discs, they'd welded themselves to the face of the old discs 😂

scotiamr2t

ClioSport Club Member
  Mazda 2, Ph1 172
@Greeny. i cancelled my order for 2 sets as they told me, at the very earliest they “might” make it to the production line end of February but most likely later. I’d rather pay a bit more than wait tbh.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
@scotiamr2t i don’t need them until April so will see where they are mid March, I’ll probably be posting in here saying I’ve cancelled then and bought some heavy 2118’s lol

PTS

Mazda Miata
Stay away from Rimstock. Several years ago they had made an agreement with the original owners of Team Dynamics to use the name. The deal ran its course and now has reverted back to the original owners. The Pro Race LT is owned by the original owners. The Pro Race 1.2 is being made in India, only in sporadic sizes, and has nothing to do with Team Dynamics proper. Yes, litigation may come, from the original owners, not Rimstock. They have been told to "cease and dismiss" use of the TD name. The Pro Race LT is a flow formed wheel made in the best flow formed factory in the world - not in China. Many of the quality flow formed wheels are made in the same factory, i.e, Enkei, OZ Racing, Sparco, to name a few.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Stay away from Rimstock. Several years ago they had made an agreement with the original owners of Team Dynamics to use the name. The deal ran its course and now has reverted back to the original owners. The Pro Race LT is owned by the original owners. The Pro Race 1.2 is being made in India, only in sporadic sizes, and has nothing to do with Team Dynamics proper. Yes, litigation may come, from the original owners, not Rimstock. They have been told to "cease and dismiss" use of the TD name. The Pro Race LT is a flow formed wheel made in the best flow formed factory in the world - not in China. Many of the quality flow formed wheels are made in the same factory, i.e, Enkei, OZ Racing, Sparco, to name a few.
Source?

PTS

Mazda Miata
Yep. He was the main reason that Rimstock was involved. They had a deal. No more deal. Deal has been done for a couple years now.
It's actually good for anyone who is really into good wheels. The powers that be at Rimstock where never "wheel people", they are buying group, hence why Matt was involved. Now better things are coming, because better people are at the helm, again.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
So Rimstock didn't manufacture wheels? :unsure:

Yeh I’m abit confused here, I finally got my set of Pro Race 1.2’s after 8 months of waiting because I was told they had all new equipment which needed to be programmed or whatever for the specific bolt to hub ET I wanted (which you can’t have with the Pro Race LTs btw) if they came pre-produced from China then I would have expected them a lot quicker you would think?

Other than the extremely bad turn around for my wheels I’ve had no issues dealing with Rimstock for all my track car wheels, 6.8Kg isn’t exactly heavy for a 15” wheel and considering what they cost when you go direct they are still imo the best option for cheaper track/race wheels.

If the Rimstock execs are getting salty due to Team Dynamics wanting to use their own brand name (?!) and take some market share away from them then it’s abit hard to comment on without knowing the specifics of whatever previous deal was struck between the two parties.

RSRowe

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250 Cup
I bought a set on eBay which never turned up...... Week before my ring trip I headed over to Rimstock to collect them. I was told they had started to transition manufacture over to China, which meant that they weren't doing a million different size and widths until everything was completely over there.

Saying that they are a purchasing group is a little confusing to me, as there were buildings upon buildings of CNC's all making wheels when I went there.

PTS

Mazda Miata
So Rimstock didn't manufacture wheels? :unsure:
Well they did through the fact that they had a relationship with TD. But the knowledge and molds etc came from TD. Now they currently make some wheels in the Indi, like I said above, but they are not supposed to be using the TD name. Quite frankly Rimstock will fall apart soon. Basically, I spoke up because I don’t want anyone confusing the two. As was said above, someone asked Rimstock about the Pro Race LT and was told no. That solidifies my point. Prior to Covid many of the molds were worn out and were having to be repaired or replaced. That is a very expensive process. Then Covid hit and the foundry that made the wheels closed down. A few of the mold that were still in good shape were saved, by TD, not Rimstock. They got moved to another factory, not in India, and some new wheels were made, to keep things going. At the same time the new wheels were being designed and tested. Those were the Pro Race LT. The PR 1.2 will eventually fade away. The Pro Race LT is a much better wheel all around. More sizes are in the works and some other designs too. The original Team Dynamics owners know what they are doing and are good people who care about what they produce.

PTS

Mazda Miata
Yeh I’m abit confused here, I finally got my set of Pro Race 1.2’s after 8 months of waiting because I was told they had all new equipment which needed to be programmed or whatever for the specific bolt to hub ET I wanted (which you can’t have with the Pro Race LTs btw) if they came pre-produced from China then I would have expected them a lot quicker you would think?

Other than the extremely bad turn around for my wheels I’ve had no issues dealing with Rimstock for all my track car wheels, 6.8Kg isn’t exactly heavy for a 15” wheel and considering what they cost when you go direct they are still imo the best option for cheaper track/race wheels.

If the Rimstock execs are getting salty due to Team Dynamics wanting to use their own brand name (?!) and take some market share away from them then it’s abit hard to comment on without knowing the specifics of whatever previous deal was struck between the two parties.
Rimstock has got money, obviously, You can do a lot with money. You can even buy experience and a name. Doesn’t mean you actually know what you are doing. I dealt with Rimstock for a good 5-6 years. During that time they screwed up more than they did good. It may take some time, but you will eventually see Rimstock stop using the Team Dynamics name. They might stay in the wheel business, using a different name for their wheels though.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Rimstock has got money, obviously, You can do a lot with money. You can even buy experience and a name. Doesn’t mean you actually know what you are doing. I dealt with Rimstock for a good 5-6 years. During that time they screwed up more than they did good. It may take some time, but you will eventually see Rimstock stop using the Team Dynamics name. They might stay in the wheel business, using a different name for their wheels though.

Very interesting! Wonder where my wheels came from then, thankfully they are bolt direct to hub and hopefully the LT’s go down the same route.

You don’t work for Demon tweeks do you?

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
@PTS am I right in saying Rimstock supply all BTCC ‘Team Dynamics’ wheels along with a few other championships or has this all changed as well?

RSRowe

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250 Cup
This is way too complicated for my simple brain to understand

All I need to know is when they're gonna start doing 5x108 17x8