ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pro race LT

PTS

Mazda Miata
@PTS am I right in saying Rimstock supply all BTCC ‘Team Dynamics’ wheels along with a few other championships or has this all changed as well?
They did, but only because of the relationship with Matt Neal. That has reverted back to Team Dynamics now.

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
I bought a set when my Brembos went on and Alex at AWM went to offer them up to my car. With the PMS 285x26 kit they wouldn’t go near. Wanted minimum of a 15mm spacer.

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I bought a set when my Brembos went on and Alex at AWM went to offer them up to my car. With the PMS 285x26 kit they wouldn’t go near. Wanted minimum of a 15mm spacer.
Might be that extra 2mm was just too much.

I had to linish the callipers slightly to make sure I had enough clearance with the 283mm rotors. 280mm standard discs were no problem.

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Might be that extra 2mm was just too much.

I had to linish the callipers slightly to make sure I had enough clearance with the 283mm rotors. 280mm standard discs were no problem.
Ah right, that explains it. The PMS kit is designed to accommodate their 285mm x 26mm 2 piece kit and with that on the TD 1.2s won’t even go near without a substantial spacer. Spacers make my car drive like s**t so wasn’t prepared to entertain that or start grinding brand new calipers. Lol

So my question still stands,

I wonder if these LTs will accommodate a Brembo kit? 🙂

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Ah right, that explains it. The PMS kit is designed to accommodate their 285mm x 26mm 2 piece kit and with that on the TD 1.2s won’t even go near without a substantial spacer. Spacers make my car drive like s**t so wasn’t prepared to entertain that or start grinding brand new calipers. Lol

So my question still stands,

I wonder if these LTs will accommodate a Brembo kit? 🙂

Without grinding on the 280*24 discs and a 5mm hubcentric spacer giving ET30 overall.

If you want clearance you're best going for the 295mm AP Racing setup or 300mm discs with the Brembos and running 16s.

Attachments

• IMAG1836.jpg
    IMAG1836.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 34

G. Brzęczyszczykiewicz

CSF Harvester
ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Silly question, without actually offering up the wheels to the car is there any way to know what fits and what doesn't? Seems like a lot of messing around having to order a wheel, check it fits, then either order 3 more or return it and order something else

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Silly question, without actually offering up the wheels to the car is there any way to know what fits and what doesn't? Seems like a lot of messing around having to order a wheel, check it fits, then either order 3 more or return it and order something else
Not unless you can get accurate internal dimensions of the wheel

PTS

Mazda Miata
The wheels themselves will be made in China as "Blanks" and then rimstock will just machine them to the correct PCD and offset

Loads of wheel suppliers do that
This is not true. The wheels will be made in India (the center of all motorsport wheels...lol).