ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Probably a very stupid rollcage question

This may sound really silly and feel free to laugh at me!! However i was wondering, if i was to fit a rollcage will i lose my parcel shelf? I know that rear seats can stay but will my parcel shelf be able to? Im not sure if it comes into the equationa t all but i thought id ask.

Thanks for any help.

Jon

GR7

Shiny red R32

Tadpole

"This may sound really silly and feel free to laugh at me!!"

Your name is quite amusing!

Was your dad a frog by any chance?

;)

roll cages are mint they improve your handling shed loads.

SOrry cant hel[p ya bud as i have hardly any experience with clios.

Thanks lads!! I dont plan on rolling my car, but they do stiffen the car up. I think after a bit research (like looking at pictures) that i dont lose my parcel shelf. So thats cool!!

Cheers

P.S. My name was a nickname given to me because thats what my Gladiator name would be!! I dunno whether it would be more or less embarassing if my dad was a frog..........:oops:

BMW 320d Sport

Well it sounds a bit of an odd request...I wouldnt have thought that a full cage would be compatible with any kind of shelf in the back mainly cos the back seats would have to go as well. You can get cosmetic half cages I cant remember who does them? Maybe Dimma or something? You get to keep your back seats and stuff.

You can keep your whole interior if you want. But why would you?

If you put a cage in it, take out all your interior and just have two front seats. Your back seats will be useless with a cage unless you have no diagonal. So dont carry them around for no reason, no seats = no parcel shelf!

IMH those show cages are laughable. You increase your insurance, spend however much on buying one, get laughed at because people see they pick up on seatbelt mounts and get absolutely no advantage from having it. But there we go, there must be a market for them! All or nothing in my eyes!

BMW 320d Sport

Yeah the Sparco/OMP cages are the real deal. You can go as hardcore as you want, either a simple bolt in half cage or a full weld-in with door bars and a dashboard hoop.

It is a bit weird wanting to have a cage and keep the furniture in the back...all you should have in there is a fire extinguisher and strapped down spare wheel. Plus maybe a bottle of nitrous oxide.