ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stupid Question Possibly

Hi chaps,

I’m going to be running headlight-less next week on track for more airflow to the filter cause it’s going to be 20 degrees. Now I’m just wondering (stupid question coming up), will I have any issues with bonnet popping up? Has anyone else ran like this? Does the bonnet stay securely shut?

3E8A98B7-479A-438C-83D7-6EFA0F70089E.jpeg

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I'd be more concerned if something flew into the engine bay.

Get a blank as mentioned or as James says there's no need. Unless your going for track lap record?

Oooosh. I'd get a headlight blank with an intake cowl on it if I were you. Apart from anything else, a fecking great hole like that is going to cause so much drag I can't believe it won't outweigh any slight heat soak loss.
I’ll give it a go and see. Hopefully the drag won’t be too much.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
It won’t make any difference at 20 degrees whatsoever.

If the engine temps are getting too hot, it will be more likely you’ve been out too long more than anything.

I ran my old supercharged (standard block) in 30+ at Oulton and the temps were fine.

Any difference in performance will be so negligible it’s just not worth removing the light for tbh.

It won’t make any difference at 20 degrees whatsoever.

If the engine temps are getting too hot, it will be more likely you’ve been out too long more than anything.

I ran my old supercharged (standard block) in 30+ at Oulton and the temps were fine.

Any difference in performance will be so negligible it’s just not worth removing the light for tbh.
What power were you making?

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
All the power

EDIT* you should read Cubs build thread, its actually an incredibly depressing read because the car was so amazing by the end that he sold it and has been driving a 1.6 Golf around for the past year (ignoring recent purchase which has made up for it).

Not true. I ran it supercharged for nearly 2 years and multiple track days.

Then in between clio and golf, there was;

- a fully loaded 3.0 V6 f-pace
- an S6 estate (4.0 twin turbo one).

But if Carlsberg made clios…. 😜

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Not true. I ran it supercharged for nearly 2 years and multiple track days.

Then in between clio and golf, there was;

- a fully loaded 3.0 V6 f-pace
- an S6 estate (4.0 twin turbo one).

But if Carlsberg made clios, it would be a white F4R’d Mk1.…. 😜
Quite.