ClioSport.net

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

  • When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Problem locking car

Car  Honda Civic Vtec 1.6
I have an 04 plate 182
I just went to the petrol station and unlocked my car
When i got their i tried to lock it with no joy, i thought my battery in the key fob was flat (Which it probably is), so i went to lock it manually but it turns out that my lock is on the passenger side
this seems a bit wierd to me and i cannot lock all the doors with it :(
Have i bought an heap of sh*te?

Also yesterday i tried the horn and it made a pathetic noise then won't work at all (Not sure if this is anything to do with it but thought i would metion it)

Any help would be great

I tried searching but couldn't find anything
Cheers
Craig
 
I have an 04 plate 182
I just went to the petrol station and unlocked my car
When i got their i tried to lock it with no joy, i thought my battery in the key fob was flat (Which it probably is), so i went to lock it manually but it turns out that my lock is on the passenger side
this seems a bit wierd to me and i cannot lock all the doors with it :(
Have i bought an heap of sh*te?

Also yesterday i tried the horn and it made a pathetic noise then won't work at all (Not sure if this is anything to do with it but thought i would metion it)

Any help would be great

I tried searching but couldn't find anything
Cheers
Craig

they all have the lock on the passenger side - it being a french car, and they couldnt be @rsed to alter it for the british market, and as with most manual locks such as on a remote central locking car it just locks the one door i think....
 
I like the passenger side lock..

As if someone was going to steal the car, they would get in from the drivers side.??
 
they all have the lock on the passenger side - it being a french car, and they couldnt be @rsed to alter it for the british market, and as with most manual locks such as on a remote central locking car it just locks the one door i think....

Nice one
I have managed to lock it by pressing the internal lock and leaving the passenger door open then locking the passenger door manually
:)
 
they all have the lock on the passenger side - it being a french car, and they couldnt be @rsed to alter it for the british market, and as with most manual locks such as on a remote central locking car it just locks the one door i think....

Nice one
I have managed to lock it by pressing the internal lock and leaving the passenger door open then locking the passenger door manually
:)

Thats how you have to do it. Although the alarm won't be armed now just to be aware.
 
Nice one
I have managed to lock it by pressing the internal lock and leaving the passenger door open then locking the passenger door manually
:)

Thats how you have to do it. Although the alarm won't be armed now just to be aware.

I just thought that
Bugger
I have tried the other key and that won't work
I have also changed the battery and still no joy
Also i have put the key in the ignition and turned it to second or third notch and tried pressing the key to recode the immobiliser
No joy
Any more advice anyone?
 
It probably needs a couple of keys re-programming.

Only other thing I suggest you try yourself, is dis-connect the battery for 10-20minutes to let various items discharge. Can sometimes cure bogus faults like these...Or, a key-reprog is on the cards at least I should imagine (assume batteries have been inserted correctly and the keys are functional themselves).

Ian
 
It probably needs a couple of keys re-programming.

Only other thing I suggest you try yourself, is dis-connect the battery for 10-20minutes to let various items discharge. Can sometimes cure bogus faults like these...Or, a key-reprog is on the cards at least I should imagine (assume batteries have been inserted correctly and the keys are functional themselves).

Ian

Thank you for your help
i will give the battery thing a try
The batterys in the right way and i tried the spare too
Cheers:)
 
Ok, let me know how you get on.

You'll only need an 8mm spanner (or socket and ratchet) to disconnect the negative terminal.
 
are all the fuses ok, my fag lighter stopped working, but it had blewn the radios fuse? i'd check them too.
 
Ain't been on this site for ages as I got rid of the clio but Dj Rpm's suggestion of disconnecting the battery for a while worked for future reference :)
 
Back
Top