ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PROBLEM - PERTOL INFORMTION MPG etc...

Hi Guy...hopeing someone can shed some light on a problem I am having. :clown:

I have an '02' 1.2 16v Clio......

On the right hand side where you turn the lights on you have a bit in the middle which you can click on to get information such as how many miles you have done (which you can re-set once you have put fuel in your car), MPG, average speed etc etc. This information is displayed underneath the speedo...

Now the problem I am having ( works when I press it once to display the number of miles I have done) is that when I click again to show MPG, average speed etc. it just flashes (" - - - - - - ") and so on until I come back to the total amount of miles the car has done.

I think this problem started when I got a sub installed in my car (they had to disconnect the battery) and have since done my oil change and still it flahes??

If anone has an idea of what the problem is and how it can be fixed it would be highly appreciated.

Thanks for your time.
:D

J

JEFF4507

Mine does this for a half mile before it starts displaying the data. I'm guessing you know that though, it's probably just an error with the sensors. Not much you can do yourself as with most problems on modern cars, the computer disables whatever can be damaged by a known fault.

try this it will reset it.hold in the button to flick through the different pages on the trip computer,when you've got your finger on this turn the key to the on position and all the dials will start dancing about.when their doing this press the button on the instrument panel that resets the trip computer.it will stop the dials moving and reset the trip computer.