ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

problem spraying diamonds

soon to be 182 ;)
the paint wont stick keeps flaking off,

have sanded, primered and sprayed satin black then when it dries it flakes

is this to do with cold weather??

Clio 182 FF
I sprayed mine resently...the paint doesnt like the cold!!

Warm the badges with a hairdryer before spraying, then also after 10 mins very light power warm the badges to dry.

Don't do it to close as the paint may run.

Hope that helps.

Fiesta ST-3
You need to get them keyed up real good. Cut the surface right back. Using plastic prima? And lots of even coats?

Needs to be warmer than your garage probably is, as said, warm the badges and warm the paint tins, put them by rad before use etc.

"Navy" N17 TWO
Not too close or your next report will be the paint flaking off yourself! :rasp:

You need to be using good quality plastic primer and a real good keying. The cold is fine, its the damp wont be helping, with the plastic primer you just have to "SHOW IT" the paint, very very thin, then you can use normal primer over the top afterwards.

If your using that halfords stuff, its silly thin.......uber uber light coat. If in doubt, send it my way and ill do it for £15 returned (pm me) any colour you want, same offer for anyone else who wants diamonds doing. (Recently done many bits on my mates car including diamond, the paint wont chip or flake that i guarantee, im not using cans or halfords paint, premium quality automotive).

Clio 172 PH1, Mini
I sprayed mine in my bathroom, the misses wasn't to happy but it worked a treat! I spent a good 30 mins keying mine with different grades of paper. Also I used a hair dryer at every paint stage to make sure the paint has dried. The most important thing to get the paint to stick is to wet sand the primer with a fine grade sand paper before spraying the first coat of colour

Dodgy one
Hit it with 180 first to cut most the chrome paint off, 320 it afters, then carry on as normal through the stages.

"Navy" N17 TWO
Any badges I painted had none of the chrome removed at all and they've been fine so-far (well over a year) :)

tbh as long as the chrome is in good order you can jsut key it up and paint over it. Does need a low grade paper first though to rough it up.

"Navy" N17 TWO
^ Yeah that's what I did with mine.
One badge had a nasty stonechip in the chrome so had to smooth that down first as much as I could before the primer went on :)

soon to be 182 ;)
i think my problem is the cold as sprayed using a hair dryer and has stuck so far will have a look agen tonight :)