ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Problem to solve

ok, i currently run the 44x4 renault cd HU, and the 6 disc changer. i want to retain these. however, i want to improve the sounds from these as much as possible, without changing them.

also, i cant be arsed removing the dash, so, the standard tweeters HAVE to stay.

what is my best bet for replacing the remaining speakers in order to improve sounds. if possible, without a sub......yet.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

well im sorry but your gonna have to be arsed if you want the best sound possible

its not hard.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

you could try fitting 5.25 coaxials in the doors and the rear pods but it may sound sh*te due to standard tweeters

only problem if you do fit these

is that the standard tweeters in the factory locations will be so overpowering that all you hear is them, the co-ax will end up just being for a bit of fill

stop faffing around, get the dash off, disconnect the tweeters, then install a set of components in the door cards in a set of custom pods, doesnt take too much work

is there no way i can just replace the speaker units in the doors with higher quality ones, without bothering the tweeters?

also, for the rears. whats my best option, as i dont have to c**k around with dash tweeters, i can just swap them. what for????

thanks

is there no way i can just replace the speaker units in the doors with higher quality ones, without bothering the tweeters?

also, for the rears. whats my best option, as i dont have to c**k around with dash tweeters, i can just swap them. what for????

ive said this a million times now and im reckoning some people will be getting bored but ill say it again. You dont have to take the dash of to change the tweeters. Give the metal thing on that sort of covers the tweeters on the dash a twist then it pops of.